Xfce-Based Xubuntu Will Not Ship XMir For 13.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
    Why the hell are you posting page hits as accurate distribution usage numbers?
    Are you retarded or something?
    who said i did its a sign of what happens when you release shitty software or software that people who have bad OCD cant Stand Remeber Gnome 3?

Comment

It's good that they don't sacrifice performance and stability for something that's "new and shiny". Xubuntu is an excellent gaming distro, and they'd better keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ᅟᅠᅟᅠ View Post
        It's good that they don't sacrifice performance and stability for something that's "new and shiny". Xubuntu is an excellent gaming distro, and they'd better keep it that way.
        i hope they do

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
          "More good news from this Xubuntu meeting is that t..."

good post. i don t come to phoronix again this a stupid way to bring news
          Noticed this one to...

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            who said i did
            You did when you posted it, and your very, very poor English skills don't help the situation.

Comment

Xfce 4.11?

Originally posted by Phoronix
              Xfce 4.11 was supposed to be released earlier in the year but it has yet to happen.
              Why Michael keeps talking about XFCE 4.11, while next version of this DE is 4.12?

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
                Noticed this one to...
                hahah, doesn't take a street-cleaner to figure out Michael's bias here =D I think he's in majority camp this time, though. The only people to disagree would, obviously, be the remaining Ubuntu-fans.
                Hi

Comment

Those remaining Ubuntu fans still are a lot more than any others distro fans according to Steam's HW survey. I'm perfectly happy with 12.04. No reason for me to "upgrade" till 2017 unless it's to something that's a lot better. There's plenty of time to evaluate.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                    who said i did its a sign of what happens when you release shitty software or software that people who have bad OCD cant Stand Remeber Gnome 3?
                    its not a "sign" of anythings, its page hits for a single website, its meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                      its not a "sign" of anythings, its page hits for a single website, its meaningless.
                      At least it does provide feel-good moments to obtuse people.

I too reacted to the "more good news" bit in the article. Although it might be biased, I'd say it's indeed good news the Xubuntu team is playing it safe for the sake of their users, they could have decided to greenlight XMir in its current state for obscure reasons. With the time to EOL for non LTS versions being halved, it's fairly obvious Canonical is willing to treat standard Ubuntu releases as beta/testing and thus to push unoptimized software stacks for those. Mir/XMir might work well enough to make the whole deal a nonissue soon enough though.

The headline is "Xubuntu skips Mir this time around", not "Xubuntu ditches Mir all together", folks...

Comment

Working...
                      X