Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMir Has A Big Security Problem With VT Switching

Phoronix: XMir Has A Big Security Problem With VT Switching

A rather glaring security issue has been present in Canonical's XMir component for its new Mir display server, but there's been very little action in addressing the problem...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Damn noobs, should have left the graphics stack to the pros...

Comment

Now imagine if focus had been on the Dash.

Comment

No problem!
        They forced everyone (who use ubuntu) to be a tester, then why not force everyone to share their password?
        It's time to say "no secret!", share!
        Thank you ubuntu to make it so easy.

Comment

known issue, fix in the works at https://code.launchpad.net/~robertca...-notifications, in a mir release close to you really soon.

Comment

Oooooohs NOoooooos!

GASP! Alpha quality code has bugs in it? Stop the presses, I better get this typed up on my new fangled typing machine and get this to print immediately!
            Last edited by dh04000; 22 August 2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
              Now imagine if focus had been on the Dash.
              Yea... Or a web browser, on an input field.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                GASP! Alpha quality code has bugs in it? Stop the presses, I better get this typed up on my new fangled typing machine and get this to print immediately!

Good on Matthew Garrett for finding that bug. The power of opensource.
                This is a known issue, Matthew discovered nothing (he did not phrase it this way anyway, he just warned potential tester of this issue).
                This will obviously be fixed before 13.10.

Comment

Originally posted by Malizor View Post
                  This is a known issue, Matthew discovered nothing (he did not phrase it this way anyway, he just warned potential tester of this issue).
                  This will obviously be fixed before 13.10.
                  I'll edit my post to reflect this. I skimmed the article and missed that he didn't make the bug report, oops.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                    if it's Alpha Only then it needs removed in one week on the 29

August 29th FeatureFreeze, Beta 1 Freeze (for opt-in flavors)

Comment

Working...
                    X