XMir Has A Big Security Problem With VT Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bkor View Post
    Nobody cares if a security bug is being worked upon. What matters is that there is no fix after 6+ weeks. Meanwhile, XMir has been made standard for way more people.
    If you run bleeding edge software, prepare to be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      The bug is over a month old, and a fix is in progress. Michael forgot to talk about that. Seems like he has a very selective memory.

https://code.launchpad.net/~robertca...-notifications
      that doesn't fix this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by daniels View Post
        that doesn't fix this bug.
        well this guy is a fanboi like was bo$$, he probably will call you troll and imply you don't know what you are talking about because XMir is too advanced for minds outside canonical.

in any case this just enter in the list of "is retarded run a full screen XServer to handle 100% of the job thorugh an page flip layer because is cool for PR" and has an special mention in the category of "is retarded to put 2 graphic servers to Mortal Kombat each other to see which one handle the input events first because seems fun" and ofc gold for the "why we had to do this? explain it to me again!!! Canonical trademark"

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
          well this guy is a fanboi like was bo$$, he probably will call you troll and imply you don't know what you are talking about because XMir is too advanced for minds outside canonical.

in any case this just enter in the list of "is retarded run a full screen XServer to handle 100% of the job thorugh an page flip layer because is cool for PR" and has an special mention in the category of "is retarded to put 2 graphic servers to Mortal Kombat each other to see which one handle the input events first because seems fun" and ofc gold for the "why we had to do this? explain it to me again!!! Canonical trademark"
          I was reposting this member's link on form the first page. I don't know if this is a good link or not, I was just reposting. (i don't program)

Originally posted by olli View Post
          known issue, fix in the works at https://code.launchpad.net/~robertca...-notifications, in a mir release close to you really soon.
          Your poor English and over-the-topness makes you sound just like a troll though.... huh...... have you ever considered that your projecting? It's amazing how common it is for actually trolls to claim other people are trolls. Well known troll behavior is too be-little others, label them using strawmen terms, and call anything that doesn't fit your piont of view "retarded" or claim there is a conspiracies, like "PR lies". And when others call them out, they just dig in deeper and escalate the nastiness and inappropriateness of their assaults.
          Last edited by dh04000; 22 August 2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bkor View Post
            Nobody cares if a security bug is being worked upon. What matters is that there is no fix after 6+ weeks. Meanwhile, XMir has been made standard for way more people.
            XMir isn't even a part of the 13.10 daily images. You have to install it from universe repository which isn't even enabled by default on new installations of Saucy Salamander. User testing 13.10 has to do that all before he can test XMir.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
              If you run bleeding edge software, prepare to be cut.
              Fedora is more bleeding edge Software then Ubuntu and you don't see Huge Security Holes in it

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

actually he is a developer who has done a lot of work on input, among other things. I'd tend to think he actually knows what he is talking about on this subject ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                  Fedora is more bleeding edge Software then Ubuntu and you don't see Huge Security Holes in it
                  lol
                  The mission of the CVE® Program is to identify, define, and catalog publicly disclosed cybersecurity vulnerabilities.

Comment

Care to find one of those that isn't also present in Ubuntu?

Comment

lol,

The mission of the CVE® Program is to identify, define, and catalog publicly disclosed cybersecurity vulnerabilities.

did you have a point?

Comment

Working...
                      X