Ubuntu Edge Campaign Set To Close At $12M USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nll_a
    So it all comes down to these guys thinking that it's best if anyone (including Apple, Microsoft, Google, The Grinch, and Satan) can make their code proprietary rather than the absolutely remote possibility that an open source company (whose only relevance relies on the fact they make open source products) turns that code into proprietary a thousand years from now. Does this seem reasonable and unbiased? Yeah, I don't think so either.
    As I have noted before, free and open source software doesn't discriminate against Microsoft or Satan. If anyone wants to participate, they are able to do so but asymetrical licensing gives a legal exclusiveness to one commercial vendor. That I don't think is fair and Canonical makes both open source and proprietary software. So I don't think they should be allowed a free pass. Nor should Red Hat or SUSE for that matter. P.S: I am just a volunteer. Not a competitior to anyone. Software that I have contributed to is used by Canonical but is not limited to them. I don't have any problem with

Comment

Working...
    X