radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lelele View Post
    Is there a way for this to not be run as root aka sudo?
    You get everything working except module infos if you run this at/after startup once:

Code:
    chmod o+rx /sys/kernel/debug/
    chmod o+r /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info
    chmod o+w /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_method
    chmod o+w /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
    you may have to adjust the paths.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushido_root View Post
      Was curious and wanted to try it myself, but with failed installation attempts :V

Code:
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~$ cd '/home/x/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile' 
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ qmake-qt4 && make
      /usr/bin/uic-qt4 radeon_profile.ui -o ui_radeon_profile.h
      make: /usr/bin/uic-qt4: Command not found
      make: *** [ui_radeon_profile.h] Error 127
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ `qmake-qt4 && make`
      bash: /usr/bin/uic-qt4: No such file or directory
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ qmake-qt4
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$ make
      /usr/bin/uic-qt4 radeon_profile.ui -o ui_radeon_profile.h
      x@Akaigo-Arc:~/Repositories/radeon-profile-master/radeon-profile$
      I have qmake-qt4 installed.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Oh nvm, was missing some deps for qt4 >_>
      EDIT: Pretty handy tool~ Oh and if 'profiles' tab is greyed out, that mean that there are no profiles for me to set?
      Can you please advise which deps were missing? I lost myself trying to make things working.... thank you!

Comment

complitation terminated...

what am i doing missing? :
        ~/radeon/radeon-profile$ qmake-qt4 && make
        g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp
        In file included from main.cpp:1:0:
        radeon_profile.h:4:23: fatal error: QMainWindow: No such file or directory
        #include <QMainWindow>
        ^
        compilation terminated.
        make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Comment

Try install libqt4-dev package.

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
            Try install libqt4-dev package.
            Done! Thank you!

Comment

Hi.
              I decided to merge branch, where I was reorganizing what is going on under the hood. App now support Catalyst (fglrx driver), can read clocks and temperature. This was done by request (https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile/issues/6) but thanks to that and how code looks now, there is an easy way to implement other drivers. I already booted livecd on pc with Haswell graphic and looked inside the files. Turns out, the only valuable info was current gpu clock, so I don't know how to approach this and don't know what nice stuff can be performed with this gpu. Maybe people with hybrid graphic would want to have Intel GPU support. In nVidia case, I saw nvidia-setting screens so I think there is no point in implementing closed source driver but maybe nouveau?
              Anyway, next step is creating a daemon which provide functions that can't be done by regular use, and UI working in normal user mode, so there will be possible to add new features.

Comment

Hi again.
                Finally, I managed to make radeon-profile work with system daemon and now the gui can be run as normal user with all its features. Of course, if daemon will be not installed in system, app will work in old way (requiring root privileges for full functionality).

Comment

Good to know that it's still seeing activity. I use this on all my machines.

Comment

Another update. I added Exec tab, where user can set environment variables and run apps with these settings. Most of variables I took from http://www.mesa3d.org/envvars.html, but I am aware that there is more useful variables regarding graphics not listed there, so don't hesitate to suggest some useful variables and I will append it to list.

Comment

*cleaning up the dust*
                      Hi. I was working on adding fan control feature that is available in >=4.0 kernel for SI+ cards. If you are using daemon, you must update it as well. There is also little UI adjustments. Hope you all will like it; new screenshots.

Comment

Working...
                      X