Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.12 Planned For Mid-December Release

Phoronix: KDE 4.12 Planned For Mid-December Release

The KDE Software Compilation 4.12 release schedule has now been finalized with a plan to put out the KDE 4.12 release on the 18th of December...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

KDE's new 3 month release cycle

It looks like KDE is going to follow Mesa and move to a 3 month release cycle:

Release 4.12 final: November 15, 2013
    Release 4.13 final: February 15, 2014
    Which puts 4.14 around May 15th.

Comment

Damn that seems to be a bit of a ways away, especially considering that I'm getting some window decoration glitches ever since the 4.11 update (though, maybe the next catalyst beta driver will fix that).

Comment

I hope they add more planed features, as the current feature is a bit short.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Damn that seems to be a bit of a ways away, especially considering that I'm getting some window decoration glitches ever since the 4.11 update (though, maybe the next catalyst beta driver will fix that).
          Distro? I know one of the distros was missing a package that affected window decorations. I think it was Kubuntu but im not positive on that..
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Good! The only drawback is that they are removing features like the background mode of Konsole if we say nothing:

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
              I hope they add more planed features, as the current feature is a bit short.
              of course there are more planned features.... just not for kdelibs or Plasma Workspaces 1.

EDIT: or did you mean the list on KDE's feature plan page? if so you should know by now that that's really not a strict list of all features going into the next release
              Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 21 August 2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Bugfix releases still happen monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  Distro? I know one of the distros was missing a package that affected window decorations. I think it was Kubuntu but im not positive on that..
                  Arch Linux 64 bit

@TheBlackCat
                  Ok, good to be reassured of that anyway. I would be surprised if that didn't happen, as it seems KDE devs seem to pummel hundreds of bugs every few weeks. Looking at some of the bug lists though, I do feel a little bad for the KDE devs as it seems at the very least, 1/4 of the bugs are either distro specific (where some packages might not be installed) or user caused.

Comment

Working...
                  X