Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Media Center 1.1 Integrates YouTube & More

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Media Center 1.1 Integrates YouTube & More

One week after the release of KDE Software Compilation 4.11, Plasma Media Center 1.1 has been officially released. With this updated KDE multimedia interface comes YouTube integration, improvements to ease of use, and much more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

YouTube

Apple, Ubuntu, KDE Plasma, everyone can have YouTube integration.

But when Microsoft makes a YouTube app for Windows Phone, then Google blocks it.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

But when Microsoft makes a YouTube app for Windows Phone, then Google blocks it.
      boo hoo poor multi billion dollar Microsoft with their NSA backdoors / Hardware DRM / Software DRM / Terrible Games for windows live / Badly implemented Windows 8 UI (although still good at core) / Expensive rip-off your every man on aftermarket office software and poor integrated software / Crush the little guys approach

any more.. ohh yes lots.

I have no sympathy for them. You wont find much on a Linux forum. Google are 5hits but then again MS did the whole force Bing on you thing until the Regulators stepped in and made them offer a choice

Comment

Bill, is that you?
        Last edited by halfmanhalfamazing; 20 August 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

How does this make you feel?

Comment

Well, when you don't play by the rules...

Comment

Microsoft is in no position to be complaining about someone else enforcing consistent rules. If Microsoft just implemented HTML5 like everyone else then this wouldn't be an issue, but Microsoft seems convinced the rules shouldn't apply to them (and not only in this case, either).

Comment

Whilst I am a big fan of OpenELEC (Linux+XBMC-based distro minimalised specifically for HTPC's), I cant help but want to see this succeed and maybe usurp a device or two of my own (likely tablets, which would be sweet if OpenELEC got in to, for dual-booting....but I like tablets I can use for work, as well as play). I've been migrating over to KDE myself (via netrunner, mostly). When I'm not using Crunchbang.

There's something nice about knowing that there is a complete desktop environement out there that offer's 'it all', and just works, and lets you fiddle till our hearts content (and all the rest of the *nixy stuff like OTHER DESKTOPS!) and lets you relax as well.
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  Whilst I am a big fan of OpenELEC (Linux+XBMC-based distro minimalised specifically for HTPC's), I cant help but want to see this succeed and maybe usurp a device or two of my own (likely tablets, which would be sweet if OpenELEC got in to, for dual-booting....but I like tablets I can use for work, as well as play). I've been migrating over to KDE myself (via netrunner, mostly). When I'm not using Crunchbang.

There's something nice about knowing that there is a complete desktop environement out there that offer's 'it all', and just works, and lets you fiddle till our hearts content (and all the rest of the *nixy stuff like OTHER DESKTOPS!) and lets you relax as well.
                  While I too am a fan of OpenELEC, I need to point out that as you can run XBMC in any distro on any desktop. If media center functionality is the criteria for making a productive desktop suitable for relaxation, then we should keep in mind that with independant media center packages like XBMC, you can do that with any desktop.

Fun OpenELEC story: The first time I installed it, I installed it twice because I was confused by how fast the install went (like 20 seconds, onto a rather old mechanical drive).

Comment

With YouTube support, for me on XBMC it has been broken ever since YouTube's integration with Google+. Even if I log in with my channel's Google+ credentials, my subscriptioin list etc. is empty :\

Comment

Working...
                    X