Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Begins For Next Week's Ubuntu vUDS Summit

Phoronix: Planning Begins For Next Week's Ubuntu vUDS Summit

Another Virtual Ubuntu Developer Summit is set to take place next week to get a better grasp of the Ubuntu 13.10 goals reached and the work ahead within the Ubuntu ecosystem for the next three to six months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In before Dee posts a hate message.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      In before Dee posts a hate message.
      Oh, poor widdle babby. Got your fee-fees hurt? Want some cheese with that whine? Etc.

That good enough for you? Great, now that we got that out of the way... Why should I care about some developer summit by Ubuntu? And why do you suppose I hate Ubuntu? Is it because you're an irrational fanboy, whose only way of dealing with any kind of criticism toward his object of adoration and fanaticism is to dismiss it as "hate"? Would it break your brain to realize that I used to use Ubuntu myself and still wish Canonical to succeed?

I want nothing but the best for Ubuntu. Mir is a horrible mistake, one which they're going to pay for, and unfortunately it's a mistake is going to affect others than Ubuntu/Canonical. As a prominent and well-known distribution, Ubuntu should bear some responsibility towards the community, and consider how their actions affect the success of desktop Linux as a whole. Nevertheless, I don't hate Canonical, I never have hated them, and I have no reason to hate them. They're like a troubled child who behave badly because they don't know any better - you don't hate your child just because he sets your house on fire, but you can certainly be reproachful of his actions.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        Oh, poor widdle babby. Got your fee-fees hurt? Want some cheese with that whine? Etc.

That good enough for you? Great, now that we got that out of the way... Why should I care about some developer summit by Ubuntu? And why do you suppose I hate Ubuntu? Is it because you're an irrational fanboy, whose only way of dealing with any kind of criticism toward his object of adoration and fanaticism is to dismiss it as "hate"? Would it break your brain to realize that I used to use Ubuntu myself and still wish Canonical to succeed?

I want nothing but the best for Ubuntu. Mir is a horrible mistake, one which they're going to pay for, and unfortunately it's a mistake is going to affect others than Ubuntu/Canonical. As a prominent and well-known distribution, Ubuntu should bear some responsibility towards the community, and consider how their actions affect the success of desktop Linux as a whole. Nevertheless, I don't hate Canonical, I never have hated them, and I have no reason to hate them. They're like a troubled child who behave badly because they don't know any better - you don't hate your child just because he sets your house on fire, but you can certainly be reproachful of his actions.
        Nice try!!

Your constant critical disapproval shows intense dislike,extreme aversion and constant hostility towards Canonicals direction and projects. IE HATE

Comment

Stick to the topic:
          There's also no Mir blueprints as of Monday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
            Nice try!!

Your constant critical disapproval shows intense dislike,extreme aversion and constant hostility towards Canonicals direction and projects. IE HATE
            Translation: "la la la I can't hear you"

You know, you fanboys... You're like an angry teenage kid, throwing a tantrum because your parents won't let you go to a party with crack addicts. Slamming doors and screaming how your parents are ruining your life and everyone hates you because you don't get your way. And all the while your parents are just trying to keep you safe and do their best to raise you into a creature somewhat resemblant of a decent human being instead of the greasy, stinking angst-factory you currently are.

Well this analogy sort of ran away from me, but you get the point... if the only way you have to defend something from criticism is "you all just hate it because you don't understand" or whatever, then you're not making very strong points and it might be time to re-evaluate your beliefs, figure out if what you believe in is truly worth defending so religiously.

I mean, it's kind of understandable, if you spend all your time in an echo chamber with only people who agree with you to circle-jerk with, and you can all affirm each other's opinions how everyone else (those who don't belong in your in-group) are just haters who don't understand, or are jealous or whatever. It's easy to dismiss the opposing viewpoints if you never directly have to interact with them - that's how religious cults maintain their following, by isolating their members from all outside influence. But you're out here, with people telling you directly, with clear arguments, what is wrong with the decisions Canonical have been making lately, including Mir. You have people telling you directly that they do not hate Canonical or Ubuntu, that they have used or still use Ubuntu or their derivatives... and they can still criticize them when they do things that are really stupid. You have no excuse, you're just being willingly ignorant at this point. Wake up.

Comment

Translation: "la la la I can't hear you"

You know, you fanboys... You're like an angry teenage kid, throwing a tantrum because your parents won't let you go to a party with crack addicts. Slamming doors and screaming how your parents are ruining your life and everyone hates you because you don't get your way. And all the while your parents are just trying to keep you safe and do their best to raise you into a creature somewhat resemblant of a decent human being instead of the greasy, stinking angst-factory you currently are.

Well this analogy sort of ran away from me, but you get the point... if the only way you have to defend something from criticism is "you all just hate it because you don't understand" or whatever, then you're not making very strong points and it might be time to re-evaluate your beliefs, figure out if what you believe in is truly worth defending so religiously.

I mean, it's kind of understandable, if you spend all your time in an echo chamber with only people who agree with you to circle-jerk with, and you can all affirm each other's opinions how everyone else (those who don't belong in your in-group) are just haters who don't understand, or are jealous or whatever. It's easy to dismiss the opposing viewpoints if you never directly have to interact with them - that's how religious cults maintain their following, by isolating their members from all outside influence. But you're out here, with people telling you directly, with clear arguments, what is wrong with the decisions Canonical have been making lately, including Mir. You have people telling you directly that they do not hate Canonical or Ubuntu, that they have used or still use Ubuntu or their derivatives... and they can still criticize them when they do things that are really stupid. You have no excuse, you're just being willingly ignorant at this point. Wake up.
              Classic trolling defence
              I can't be critical without being hateful you're just a fanboy lol .

Nothing wrong with having a differing opinion,Dee, or being critical of something. When the criticism becomes a continual trolling bombardment, repeating the same negativity whenever canonical is mentioned, is seen as trolling, hateful,behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                Stick to the topic:
                So DDF and dhl discussing about the supposed hatred of dee to Canonical is totally on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                  So DDF and dhl discussing about the supposed hatred of dee to Canonical is totally on topic.
                  Where is your sens of humor

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                    Where is your sens of humor
                    I think I have one, but I missed the joke

Comment

Working...
                    X