Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropico 5 & Blitzkrieg 3 Will Be Released For Linux

Phoronix: Tropico 5 & Blitzkrieg 3 Will Be Released For Linux

Tropico 5 was announced yesterday as the latest in a 12-year-old game franchise of this island maker game. What makes Tropico 5 really exciting is that when released in 2014 this construction/management simulation game will have native Linux support. The Blitzkrieg 3 World War II game is also being ported to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tropico 5 and Planetary Annihilation. That means no social life for me in 2014

Comment

I find it interesting that Linux has/is getting a lot of quality strategy games while being mostly ignored by companies that make heavy action/little thinking games.

edit:
      probably worth mentioning that Europa Universalis 4 came out 2-3 days ago for Linux for anyone that likes good historical strategies.
      Last edited by peppercats; 16 August 2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Oh that is epic. I love the Tropico series. I can't wait for for Tropico 5 now. I dropped my Windows partition a year ago and gave up on wine. Native Linux games FTW!!

Comment

I loved the Great Dictator impression in the Tropico 5 trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            probably worth mentioning that Europa Universalis 4 came out 2-3 days ago for Linux for anyone that likes good historical strategies.
            I bought it and it's simply amazing game. One of the best games I've ever played in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
              I find it interesting that Linux has/is getting a lot of quality strategy games while being mostly ignored by companies that make heavy action/little thinking games.

edit:
              Well, Strike Suit Zero did come out recently and it seems to be all mindnumbing action. It didn't gain very favourable review though so I'm probably skipping it myself.
              But yeah, strategy games are dominating. I find most of them go completely overboard on micromanagement, so I can't really enjoy them myself

I want some decent arcade racing, flying, maybe some adventure games.

Comment

Tropico 5 and Blitzkrieg 3 will be two EXCELLENT game addictions for Linux games.

I consider them both AAA titles in their respective areas, YMMV.

Comment

Never heard of any of the games. But I guess I'll buy the Tropico game... just for the Linux support alone. Would probably never have bought it if it wasnt for that :P

I guess I'll find it in Steam when it's out

Comment

That's awesome news. I've been playing Tropico 4 previously - great fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X