GNOME Display Settings Now Working On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Truly amazing. Gnome 3.10 beta is next week and they are pulling in so much magic these days. MIR and "Gnome is DOOMed camp" I believe this is a message for you
    I'm confused why you brought the Mir camp into this...... entirely unrelated to this article.

Comment

looks like dual monitors are finely work on Linux out of the Box

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
        I'm confused why you brought the Mir camp into this...... entirely unrelated to this article.
        More Mir more damage control? damn you work hard at it do you get paid for all of that work you do for them?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
          More Mir more damage control? damn you work hard at it do you get paid for all of that work you do for them?
          I'm more intrigued by the magic!

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            ...... If we were talking about baseball, and all the sudden someone started talking about their favorite play in football, then I'd question that too....

But yes, your suspicion is correct. I'm being paid by Mark Shuttleworth himself to support ubuntu. But not against anyone, just you. Everyone in the world is focusing on you, just as you always suspected. We're coming, there is no where you can hide. We're everywhere. BOOOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
              I think it is very related. Gnome goes ahead and show how much could be done in half of a release cycle. Not only related to having rendering based on the wayland protocol but also all the general work for X replacement. Gnome's swift response shows how much engineering power they have. Having a preview prepared like this is truly remarkable. I liked Gnome before this, but seeing Gnome's plan unfold like this is amazing. Im sure some Gnome people have worked VERY hard. Im glad KDE said no to MIR as well, even burning some bridges. But Gnome's response is a slap on Mark's face. This is personal

Gnome 3.10 probaly turned out to be much different than anticipated. Maybe not better, but different.
              Again..... we're talking baseball, your stating basketball stats. Gnome development milestones have nothing to do with Mir. How did you make that jump that it somehow relates? It only related by a weird jump that occurred only in your head.

I honestly think people respond to any and all posts here, then switch the topic to f-ubuntu, f-Mir, f-mono, f-pulseaudio, f-the-thing-of-the-week, and actually think in their own minds that its on topic, when it truly isn't. Insanity in action.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                And if only GNOME was usable it would actually be relevant.
                Well, don't tell that to the nerds. Tell choke you with stupid stories about keyboard shortcuts and multiple desktops that gnome handles so well. It's still a usability nightmare and I have been using it for years, because I hate KDE like the plague (actually KDE has been getting better and better).

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                  Again..... we're talking baseball, your stating basketball stats. Gnome development milestones have nothing to do with Mir. How did you make that jump that it somehow relates? It only related by a weird jump that occurred only in your head.

I honestly think people respond to any and all posts here, then switch the topic to f-ubuntu, f-Mir, f-mono, f-pulseaudio, f-the-thing-of-the-week, and actually think in their own minds that its on topic, when it truly isn't. Insanity in action.
                  it is like Baseball Mir Vs Wayland and the Gnome Wayland Port was a "Home Run" and Xmir was just a "foul ball"

Comment

I still hope there will be some room for lightweight wms like i3wm, fluxbox, awesome, etc.. in the wayland world.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
                      I still hope there will be some room for lightweight wms like i3wm, fluxbox, awesome, etc.. in the wayland world.
                      there is the Developers just have to port them over and most of the time the Big Dog's KDE Gnome Etc have to get it ported first so the little guys can use the code in the ports Lets hope the Wayland Ports are vary well Documented

Comment

Working...
                      X