Ubuntu Will Stick With Firefox Over Chromium For Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Indeed. As a very very old timer from the phoenix days, I've tried to switch to chrome/chromium -- I love the speed and the integrated translation system for pages -- but all the configs and settings and habits I've piled up on firefox over the years are not available, or are only extensions that leave a lot to be desired.

Although for normal users, I'm a bit torn on which is better.
    Pheonix? I remember when it was still part of the Mozilla browser, back when the logo was still a fire breathing version of Godzilla. Stragely every new major version made it more and more cartoony.

Firefox is still better, especially on mobile, most people I know can't afford an unlimited data plan, Yeah, I live in the US in a not a major city, so telling them to switch to Firefox with adblocking saves them precious megabytes that they can use for useful tasks without having to pay out for overages as often.

This often also leads to them using it on their desktop system as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
      Firefox on mobile is quite good... can't that be used?
      If Mozilla still maintained a proper XUL-based version, it could. However it was axed after Firefox 12 to concentrate on a native Android version.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
        Pheonix? I remember when it was still part of the Mozilla browser, back when the logo was still a fire breathing version of Godzilla. Stragely every new major version made it more and more cartoony.
        Yea, I remember Mozilla the browser. I also remember that after I switched to Firefox, my biggest regret was that the theming of Firefox wasn't nearly as advanced as it was for Mozilla.

Comment

Working...
        X