Metro: Last Light Horror FPS Game Is Out For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    It's his job as the face of Linux reviewing to not make everyone else on Linux look like a fucktard.
    So what about Hans as the face of Linux?

So stop brown nosing for him and demand he improves or just give up the mantle and get someone else to do it.
    I laughed. Do you really believe he'll improve because of your whining?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      So what about Hans as the face of Linux?

I laughed. Do you really believe he'll improve because of your whining?
      Reiser can probably do a better job then Larabel, he's got the time.

As opposed to fawning all over every useless item he posts? I'm one of the few that has given criticism that is still here, the vast majority gave up years ago and stopped reading the site. Thats why the majority that is left is now a bunch of circle jerks like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
        Reiser can probably do a better job then Larabel, he's got the time.
        A convicted murderer, that's the face you want on Linux?

As opposed to fawning all over every useless item he posts?
        Has any of that criticism that you've given caused Larabel to improve his writing?

I'm one of the few that has given criticism that is still here, the vast majority gave up years ago and stopped reading the site. Thats why the majority that is left is now a bunch of circle jerks like yourself.
        So you're a hardcore asshole and that makes your opinion worth more?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          A convicted murderer, that's the face you want on Linux?

Has any of that criticism that you've given caused Larabel to improve his writing?

So you're a hardcore asshole and that makes your opinion worth more?
          Reiser wasn't the face of anything but his ReiserFS project, but seeing as he's got nothing else better to do all day and given the terrible quality of Larabel's work, yeah, since you proposed him I don't think he could do much worse running a review and news site from prison, it would at least give him something semi productive to do behind bars.

Not on his writing style, but he has started halfassedly tried to improve his reviews with frame time, though he didn't do it in a way that gives what you see at the screen as PC Perspective has shown how to do properly.

While I may be a profesional asshole I'm not going to praise him for doing a piss poor job just because he's the only one doing benchmarks on Linux. Compare what he does compared to EVERY OTHER BENCHMARK SITE ON THE INTERNET, leaving the OS out of it Larabel is among the worst of the worst.

Go read some good review sites like:

Silent PC Review THOUGHT LEADERS IN EFFICIENT, SILENT, STATE OF THE ART COMPUTERS SINCE 2002 Latest PC Posts News By Charlie Noon January 20, 2023 Components By Shaun Conroy January 19, 2023 PSU Buyer’s Guide By Shaun Conroy January 19, 2023 Gaming Monitor Buyer’s Guide By Charlie Noon January 18, 2023 Gaming Monitor Buyer’s Guide

Hard hitting coverage of technology news and hardware reviews

Guides and Reviews on how to get the maximum from your PC. Overclocking and Modding to the Extreme

And dozens of others that actually do a great job at what they do and ask yourself why doesn't Linux have a site of the same quality.

Comment

Awesome game!

Comment

Something official

Please correct the phoronix article.
              "A Linux version is also in development, scheduled for release later in the year."

Comment

It's out.

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Comment

Really???

Originally posted by Jonimus View Post
                  Something positive would be Mike bothering to spend 5 minutes to verify the crap he puts up before posting it. There is a long list of games that have the "Linux" checkbox ticked in Steam that don't have the requisite files or config to actually launch.

Now if Michael has posted something like "Metro Last Light" showing signs of linux support that would be one thing. Instead he posted an article that isn't even close to the truth and when Linux support is finished, if it ever is, he'll claim he just "scooped the story" before anyone else when instead he posted unverified tabloid quality drivel and called it news. Its not a scoop if its not yet true and you claim it is.
                  Jonimus, Two answers for your coment: 1st-
                  Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
                  2nd: Jonimus, just registered on phoronix to say this to you: SUCK MY D*CK!
                  today, you need to swallow your words...

Keep it up michael! i am a daily reader of phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by Celso View Post
                    Jonimus, Two answers for your coment: 1st-

2nd: Jonimus, just registered on phoronix to say this to you: SUCK MY D*CK!
                    today, you need to swallow your words...

Keep it up michael! i am a daily reader of phoronix.
                    Jonimus was absolutely correct in his assessment back in August, when he made it.

Last Light only shipped last night. Michael's post about it having been released, in August, was false.

Comment

Working...
                    X