No announcement yet.

Metro: Last Light Horror FPS Game Is Out For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh sonofabitch. I got a free code with my new video card for this and decided to try it out, ended up beating it. I had no idea it may(?) be coming out for Linux, I would have waited...

Anyway its a fantastic game, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Great things are happening currently on the Linux gaming front that is for sure.

Comment

WOW!!! Great info! I didn't play in Metro yet, but definitly I'll play this game when arrive on Linux Steam. It will be also good to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games for Linux.

Comment

Things are moving faster than I would ever expect! At last cutting edge games under our Linux!
          Please guys destroy micro$oft's gaming advantage as fast as you can!
          Congratulations to all involved to this!

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$
            They have to be insane to port to Linux when there is a shiny beautiful Windows on most gamers' computers. Total waste of time from the devs if this turns out to be true.
            Yeah, opening new markets is never something any company should do. Speaking of that, these multimillion dollar companies that don't know how to run their business, how does their business compare to yours? It seems that you are the uber-businessman, so your revenues must be much higher and your games widely known.

Comment

They have to be insane to port to Linux when there is a shiny beautiful Windows on most gamers' computers. Total waste of time from the devs if this turns out to be true.
              The only sane thing to do is use Windows and check out Linux every 10 years or so.
              Can you please stop being insane (by your very definition) and not come back here (a Linux news site)? All you do is troll, it's pretty annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                Not as rare is Mike checking his facts before posting...
                I dont understand why certain people take comfort in slamming Mike. Several negative points against Mike.... I am guessing person/physical inadequate-complex. Hope you feel better because you sound like a little girl. How about providing something positive?

Comment

This is excellent news; I played Metro 2033 on Xbox and it was (very) good. Was gonna buy Last Light for Xbox too? Now the only problem is it will probably require a power-hungry card with the proprietary blob.

Comment

if that's true first of all its great news and I'll buy 10 just to thank them. the second thing is to know how the hell they ported their engine to opengl simply because it's very modern with quite new features

Comment

Originally posted by canezila View Post
                      I dont understand why certain people take comfort in slamming Mike. Several negative points against Mike.... I am guessing person/physical inadequate-complex. Hope you feel better because you sound like a little girl. How about providing something positive?
                      Something positive would be Mike bothering to spend 5 minutes to verify the crap he puts up before posting it. There is a long list of games that have the "Linux" checkbox ticked in Steam that don't have the requisite files or config to actually launch.

Now if Michael has posted something like "Metro Last Light" showing signs of linux support that would be one thing. Instead he posted an article that isn't even close to the truth and when Linux support is finished, if it ever is, he'll claim he just "scooped the story" before anyone else when instead he posted unverified tabloid quality drivel and called it news. Its not a scoop if its not yet true and you claim it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X