Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonHD Driver Introduces Major Changes

Phoronix: RadeonHD Driver Introduces Major Changes

Following a period of relative inactivity in the xf86-video-radeonhd git tree over the past few weeks, this afternoon Novell's Egbert Eich had pushed forward 55 changes to this open-source R500/600 driver. The AMD Radeon HD 3400 and 3600 series are now supported and there are a number of other significant changes. The RV620/635 mode-setting support has required the most significant work since the R500 series, since all output blocks have been altered due to the introduced DisplayPort capabilities. We have already tested out this latest code and were left with a positive impression.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

cool. i was kinda worried by relative lack of activity in the radeonhd git repository.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      cool. i was kinda worried by relative lack of activity in the radeonhd git repository.
      This is because they are doing the 3d stuff, hehe

But I so want XV :'(

Come on people! I have got to migrate soon!!! (talking about OS)

Comment

Originally posted by sundown View Post
        This is because they are doing the 3d stuff, hehe

But I so want XV :'(

Come on people! I have got to migrate soon!!! (talking about OS)
        But some 3D needs to be done before Xv can happen haha..so in a way, they are working on Xv. ^^

It's nice to see changes happen though. I monitor the git rss feed and the radeonhd irc channel daily and it was getting disheartening. Haha...

Comment

Yep. Next priority is adding DRI support to radeonhd, which does two things :

- allows 3d development to be done with radeonhd rather than just with radeon
          - allows existing acceleration code, including Xv, to be ported and made functional inside radeonhd
          Last edited by bridgman; 13 March 2008, 04:40 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Any news about R6xx 3D documents?

Comment

Just that we are working on them and that nothing has gone wrong yet
              Test signature

Comment

thx! great!

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  - allows existing acceleration code, including Xv, to be ported and made functional inside radeon
                  ? Xv is functional already in radeon, up to the R500 level. Was that supposed to be "inside radeonhd"?

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCowboy View Post
                    ? Xv is functional already in radeon, up to the R500 level. Was that supposed to be "inside radeonhd"?
                    That is Correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X