Ubuntu Edge Is Up To $9 Million USD In Funding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devius View Post
    Mark already said he wasn't going to put any of his/Canonical money to fill the gap, so most likely this isn't going to happen.
    Because Mark has never lied before.

I mean, changed his mind. Not lied, changed his mind.

Comment

With a goal around 10-15mil they could/might have made it. With a 32mill target forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
        I dont get it first they try to alienate community now they want community to fund their projects. What in devils name is going on in Canonical?
        This worked out well for Windows 8 too thats why we have Steam for Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
          I dont get it first they try to alienate community now they want community to fund their projects. What in devils name is going on in Canonical?
          There's two main communities in the Linux world -- end users and developers -- and, while there is some overlap obviously, end users is who Canonical is going after and THOSE folks, by and large, don't see Canonical as some kind of community alienator. Sure, some do, but I don't really see any evidence that a sizeable portion do.

Comment

Originally posted by akincer View Post
            There's two main communities in the Linux world -- end users and developers -- and, while there is some overlap obviously, end users is who Canonical is going after and THOSE folks, by and large, don't see Canonical as some kind of community alienator. Sure, some do, but I don't really see any evidence that a sizeable portion do.
            Well the thing is, this kind of phone (the specs, price, etc) is clearly aimed at enthusiasts and developers, not the typical end-user. Because Canonical has alienated a sizeable part of the community with their shenanigans, they have limited their potential market - the end-users may not care, but the market Canonical is aiming at with this phone does. And that's why this crowdfunding is going to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
              Well the thing is, this kind of phone (the specs, price, etc) is clearly aimed at enthusiasts and developers, not the typical end-user. Because Canonical has alienated a sizeable part of the community with their shenanigans, they have limited their potential market - the end-users may not care, but the market Canonical is aiming at with this phone does. And that's why this crowdfunding is going to fail.
              i don't see it failing as Mark is good at PR buzzwords etc but Canonical did alienate a huge part of the FOSS community if not all of it
              Microsoft likes to alienate as well Windows 7 was the only one out of the last 3 or 4 release that they did not Canonical has been alienating really bad lately and the funny part is the the guy who Canonical Hired is now the Head of the Ubuntu Project and is from Microsoft make's me wonder..

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                i don't see it failing as Mark is good at PR buzzwords etc but Canonical did alienate a huge part of the FOSS community if not all of it
                Microsoft likes to alienate as well Windows 7 was the only one out of the last 3 or 4 release that they did not Canonical has been alienating really bad lately and the funny part is the the guy who Canonical Hired is now the Head of the Ubuntu Project and is from Microsoft make's me wonder..
                Can you be any more idiotic or predictable in your response

The funny part is you somehow think an EVIL conspiracy is going on by hiring an x Microsoft employee. Rick Spencer values freedom and transparency and has actively advocated ubuntu to be more open and community driven.

OMG, Redhat and Novell have done the same thing, what a travesty!

The stupid it burns !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
                  Can you be any more idiotic or predictable in your response

The funny part is you somehow think an EVIL conspiracy is going on by hiring an x Microsoft employee. Rick Spencer values freedom and transparency and has actively advocated ubuntu to be more open and community driven.

OMG, Redhat and Novell have done the same thing, what a travesty!

The stupid it burns !!!!!!!
                  Redhat and Novell did not try to alienate the FOSS community Like Canonical is doing now (thats why we have openSUSE and Fedora and all the Projects they helped Develop)
                  hmm Canonical and Novell are full Microsoft Partner's so they bendover for Microsoft but rumor has it Novell and Microsoft are trying to get out of their partnership do to GPLv3 nice work "Richard Stallman" also Red Hat did not bendover for Microsoft Like Novell or Canonical did

Far as i know Rick Spencer is the one who started the Qt partnership Qt is freeware aka "proprietary"

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    More x86 phones are probably on the way.
                    Intel is making their new Atom processor on the Silvermont architecture.

What makes you say that its purpose is to make FLOSS stagnate?
                    Why was Mir even started? Whoops, did that come out loud?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                      No need to wonder, just look to Nokia... One thing is for sure, you just cannot be too paranoid in this business.

Comment

Working...
                      X