Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Driver On XMir Still Is Messy Experience

Phoronix: Radeon Driver On XMir Still Is Messy Experience

Going back to June on Phoronix there have been Ubuntu Mir/XMir performance benchmarks. Up to this point these benchmarks have only been done with Intel and Nouveau graphics drivers, since the AMD Radeon driver has been rather problematic with XMir. Sadly, this still appears to be the case...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Here's the summary of the next 50 Posts.

Argument 1: *mimimimi* It isn't finished yet! Mir is so awesome. It kicked waylands ass! People not accepting Mir are politicians! All hail Ubuntu.
    Argument 2. Mir is retarded and causes fragmenation without providing any benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      Here's the summary of the next 50 Posts.

Argument 1: *mimimimi* It isn't finished yet! Mir is so awesome. It kicked waylands ass! People not accepting Mir are politicians! All hail Ubuntu.
      Argument 2. Mir is retarded and causes fragmenation without providing any benefits.
      Yep, this forum is full of immature trolls on both sides.

Comment

Gaming!

As long as Mir doesn't impair gaming (i.e Steam), I'm all for it! If it breaks - Distro switch!

Comment

Originally posted by birdstream View Post
          As long as Mir doesn't impair gaming (i.e Steam), I'm all for it! If it breaks - Distro switch!
          most Steam Games was Broken for me on Xmir

Comment

Any way you Can you do a Power Usage Xorg Vs Xmir?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
              most Steam Games was Broken for me on Xmir
              Doesn't sound like good news then. Did you test it on the Saucy daily build? I'm on NVidia, and the Nouveau drivers still suck big time for any serious gaming (my computer also tend to freeze/lock up with nouveau). So if by the point when Canonical releases 14.04, Nvidia has no support for Mir it's bye-bye Ubuntu

Comment

Messy?

i see 1 or 2 fps of diference lol in 3 games... i love this grafs, remember me the people who buy a new video card because same things

Comment

At this point, I don't know if not working with Mir is a bug or a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                    i see 1 or 2 fps of diference lol in 3 games... i love this grafs, remember me the people who buy a new video card because same things
                    As long as there is no Mir support from NVidia, Geforce users have to use the open source nouveau driver to run Mir. And it's not even close in performance to the NVidia binary blobs - Still slow, still buggy, and overall still sucks major balls. Unless the nouveu driver gets some crazy development until Ubuntu 14.04, or NVidia by then fully supports Mir, it's distro switch for me

Comment

Working...
                    X