GNOME's GTK+ 3.10 Irons Out HiDPI, Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    So we are back to semantics Still can you name one(1) wayland consumer matching Gnomes upstream contributions? Yes/No.
    Did you even read my post? How do your examples of three people making upstream changes equate to the GNOME project doing them as whole? I'm afraid that makes your answer invalid.

Comment

I read your posts. It is not fair to ask me for complete documentation. Sure Gnome is doing a lot more on Wayland than this. You can go look it up either at wiki.gnome.org or at bugzilla.gnome.org. I kept things quite simple you know. I only asked for examples that could match Gnomes work on essential support for HiDPI and CM.

So no one have given any examples of any one matching Gnomes work. Still Gnome can not be calling a leading consumer Wow great reasoning!!!
      I'll make this incredibly simple for you: You are the one marking the assertions, the burden is on you to prove it, not anyone else. So far you have failed miserably to prove anything other than three developers that happen to be involved with GNOME have made some sort of contribution to Wayland.

Comment

You are still hiding behind the words. Well I don't care. You will be keep hiding behind semantics, Gnome will keep developing Wayland, and KDE will keep falling behind. And that is what really bothers you.
        KDE will use libwayland with KWin, Gnome will do it with GNOME-Shell. GNOME ignores stuff from KDE as proven many times before. But GNOME is losing its position as many projects moving to Qt.

Comment

There is a huge difference to tje approach. Kwin will bend the intentions of the Wayland protocol. Gnome works upstream on both wayland and weston. That is the difference between wrong and right. And wait a year or two, then KDE will end using all of Gnome's upstream work for desktop use. Qt's wayland support doesn't cover what desktop needs but what a phone needs. Oh and when KDE gets there, they will probaly complain about Gnome's work and demand Gnome includes disasters like the KDE indexing framework

Haha. KDE being ignored is self inflicted. Look at the way they handle wayland. Kwins deviation is a sick joke. Why would anyone want to copy that? And Qt taking over because a few apps ports and LXDE merges with Razor? Haha. Whats next? MIR taking over because Xubuntu might use it?
          GNOMEs ignorance towards other DEs is legendary look at freedesktop when *@kde.org stuff is ignored or when some KDE devs improve some stuff like the notifer stuff.
          Nearly all new apps use Qt, the Qt wayland supports everything what an application needs not what a desktop needs.
          Why its KWin way a joke? The just use the specs, as the run KWin as system compositor the could only improve libwayland or the wayland spec.
          I have nothing against GNOME but the attidude to add their libs to every cross-desktop project is anoying.

Comment

As stated earlier and also to be read from the very article you are commenting:
            Gnome did the COLOR MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK FOR WESTON
            Provide your documentation or keep quite.
            They just add colord support, similary like oyranos did. But as this project is ignored by GNOME...

Comment

You are still hiding behind the words. Well I don't care. You will be keep hiding behind semantics, Gnome will keep developing Wayland, and KDE will keep falling behind. And that is what really bothers you.
              How am I hiding behind words? So far you have managed to come out with some laughable statements and you have absolutely no effort to prove any of your points apart from what is at best anecdotal which you distort beyond recognition. Yet again you make another claim that you have no means to back up, other than your delusional hatred for Qt.

Comment

Well. Fact is I have given a few examples of Gnome working upstream at wayland and weston. No one have shown KDE doing that. Still people complain about KDE is getting ignored. Maybe KDE should start working upstream instead of claiming Qt will save us all. Qt is for tool kits what MIR is for display protocols.
                the updated StatusNotifer stuff was upstream...
                Why should Qt should by the Mir for tool kits? It is more than GTK and more multi plattform friendly.

Comment

Well. Fact is I have given a few examples of Gnome working upstream at wayland and weston.
                  No, what you have shown are some examples of a few people who are involved with GNOME doing some upstream work with Wayland/Weston. If GNOME was officially involved with developing Wayland/Weston upstream as opposed to getting GTK+/GNOME 3 working with Wayland we would see things like GNOME hosting the project as well as GNOME overseeing and co-ordinating it's development. But that is not happening, nor should it.

Comment

Qt and MIR share the same disease. Contributor agreement and one-company control. They don't function like normal open source libraries but more like commercial business. Always looking for marketshare. Dishonesty and defamation of others is a part of the strategy.
                    Oh no! He's got the CLA and SCB (single corporate backer); quick, everyone put on your masks and get through quarantine! Oh, wait, it's not contagious. Never mind.

At least Qt is being (and wants to be) used by multiple projects. Mir is (and only wants to be) used by Canonical on Ubuntu, except for some really curious people (who I have nothing against) that want to see if they can get it to work on (for instance) ArchLinux.
                    Last edited by Nobu; 10 August 2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X