Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
        followed by PSU swap if it passes Memtest
        memtest run fine..0 errors.
        How can I do psu swap?

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
          memtest run fine..0 errors.
          How can I do psu swap?
          Swap your PC's power supply for a different one and see if the problem still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
            Swap your PC's power supply for a different one and see if the problem still exists.
            I tried...the problem persist, 0 errors on windows, reboots on linux with opensource drivers....

Comment

Try latest mesa from git or try setting:
              RADEON_VA=0
              in your /etc/environment

Comment

this problem is after or before you switched to arch+lcarlier the other day? that kernel should enable DPM for you and keep the GPU temp in check

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  this problem is after or before you switched to arch+lcarlier the other day? that kernel should enable DPM for you and keep the GPU temp in check
                  before to add the repository, my pc reboot on 4/5 minutes,after add the repository, 30/40 minutes or when I use opengl ouput on mplayer, suddenly reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Try latest mesa from git or try setting:
                    RADEON_VA=0
                    in your /etc/environment
                    Ok, I will try!

Comment

Hi I'm new in the forum.
                      I would like to thank AMD for it's work, its really a step forward. I have a laptop with an APU 4550m and a discrete video card 7500m/7600m (I don't know which one is, because it says so using the console) and I'm using opensuse 12.3 with kernel 3.11 rc4.
                      With DPM on the computer works very well, but there are some bugs:
                      1) If a VGA monitor isn't connected to the laptop then the system would not boot, it shows random artifacts on the laptop e system monitor or a black screen after plymount. If I disconnect the VGA monitor the system shows a black screen even if the VGA monitor is turned off.
                      2) Random freezes.
                      3)The discrete card is always on level 2, I have to force to have a lower level
                      echo "low" > /sys/class/drm/card1/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level

But when it works DPM it's great! I get a lower temperature and a faster fps with games.

Suspend/Resume
                      I don't know why but it's only working with the external VGA monitor, with the LVDS the resume process gives a black screen.
                      I'm really happy with the work AMD is doing. I hope this info would be useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X