Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 325.15 Driver Brings Fixes, New GPU Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 325.15 Driver Brings Fixes, New GPU Support

NVIDIA has released the short-lived 325.15 "Certified" Linux graphics driver update. With this new NVIDIA 325.15 Linux graphics driver comes a horde of fixes and other minor advancements and new graphics processor support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish they would fix proper OpenCL support, instead of their proprietary CUDA.

Also wish they would fix EGL, OpenGL ES support and all that stuff needed for Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I wish they would fix proper OpenCL support, instead of their proprietary CUDA.
      Doesn't it work?

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        Doesn't it work?
        I don't know.
        I've heard that OpenCL support on Nvidia is really poor, and is half-assed and barerly works, and that Nvidia don't care about it and intentionally crippling it so they can push their proprietary CUDA.

Comment

This release compiles on the 3.10 kernels patch free. Thanks NVIDIA!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I don't know.
            I've heard that...
            Do you have an nVidia?
            To calculate hashes nVidia OpenCL is not the best. But nVidia's OpenCL implementation works in applications where other manufacturers OpenCL implementatios have problems for years (such as 3D rendering engines). I do not know how poor nVidia implementation is, but at least it works on a wider universe.

Comment

Finally proper gradients acceleration is back, now cairo seems smoother in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
                Do you have an nVidia?
                To calculate hashes nVidia OpenCL is not the best.
                That's mostly because of hardware limitations, not the OpenCL implementation per se. Hashing on CUDA is somewhat faster than OpenCL (up to 2x if I recall) but still falls way beyond what AMD cards are capable of.

As I recall, has to do something about lacking integer operations support on Nvidia cards.

Comment

i did not see KMS or EGL Drivers?

Comment

Wow. Another NVIDIA thread with a Linus video. How original. And usually some complaint about KMS which has been in the driver since the 18th century. Or EGL, which no shipping display server uses yet. Etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X