Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.10 Will Be Really Exciting For Wayland

Phoronix: GNOME 3.10 Will Be Really Exciting For Wayland

Last week at GUADEC some exciting plans were drafted for Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

lol

lol gnome 3 will be really exciting???! really

Comment

That is really awesome. Wayland just keeps on pushing ahead...

Comment

good news for Wayland

Comment

lol @ gnome shell

Comment

I can't wait to see how the Documentation and Marketing teams mention this feature in the official release notes. It might be difficult to explain its importance succinctly.

I'm definitely going to test it ASAP if there's an image available. Looks like the next Fedora may be the best bet for getting some good testing and benchmarks started.

The exciting part is that, once people see a practical Wayland compositor made for daily use, rather than a proof-of-concept, things will speed along much more quickly. I'm glad Kristian's working so closely with the GNOME team on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
              lol gnome 3 will be really exciting???! really
              That is correct, sir! (not that I'll be using it, myself) gnome 3.10, to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by scionicspectre View Post
                I can't wait to see how the Documentation and Marketing teams mention this feature in the official release notes. It might be difficult to explain its importance succinctly.
                I imagine that from the perspective of a Gnome release, it's no big deal... will probably rate a brief mention with regard to changes to Shell.

The big deal is for the distros shipping it, who have to do the integration pieces to make it work. Look for fun in upcoming Fedora releases, among others...

Comment

Really looking forward to it. Gnome 3.10 is not far away so the plan laid is ambitious and will require a lot of hard work.

Comment

Great

Really looking forward to it!

I want to run it with gnome-panel (fallback session) though, not with gnome-shell which I don't like.

Comment

Working...
                    X