Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.11-rc4 Kernel Brings More Changes

Phoronix: Linux 3.11-rc4 Kernel Brings More Changes

It's time for another Sunday release of the Linux kernel. While it's out on schedule, the Linux 3.11-rc4 release carries about the same amount of changes as 3.11-rc3, which isn't making Linus Torvalds happy...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

no backlight fix yet

no backlight fix yet. =/ happy to see more fix to radeon, my hd 4850 likes lol
    Last edited by Andrecorreia; 04 August 2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
      no backlight fix yet. =/ happy to see more fix to radeon, my hd 4850 likes lol
      I had to add acpi_backlight=vendor to my grub command line and now I can change brightness.

Comment

;p

Originally posted by Caledar View Post
        I had to add acpi_backlight=vendor to my grub command line and now I can change brightness.
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="splash quiet acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'" this works for me asus k56cb not perfect but have some backlight control (five levels)

Comment

Bipolar Linus

Linus always talks about being clear about what you say and what you mean, but this is like the third time during the 3.11 process he has flip-flopped on whether he likes a bunch of patches. First he yelled at people to stop sending so many pull requests, then he called himself the "master" of pull requests, now he's back to hating it.

Comment

No, he has always been clear that -rc releases must have bug fixes only. He was not happy that in the first -rc releases there were very few of those, because that means it's most likely they would be submitted in later -rc versions, and the closer to release you get, the less patches you want (because you want to have a stable kernel, and not something that accidentally got broken due to the last batch of patches).

Comment

Working...
            X