Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.0 Released, Starts Again With The Changes

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.0 Released, Starts Again With The Changes

With Wine 1.6 having been released two weeks ago with 10,000+ changes, we're now out of the code freeze and Wine 1.8 development has begun. Wine 1.7.0 was released today as the first version in this new development series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no winepulse... At least it's getting there, last I heard about that is that it didn't make it into 1.6 due to code freeze, and the patch simply wasn't resubmitted after the freeze yet...

Comment

Nothing about input? In wine 1.5.13 raw input worked well, in 1.6 it works, but mouse warp doesn't work anymore in at least Risen, so you can only rotate about 360 degree before hitting the edge of the window.

Comment

If they're not accepting FOSS d3d9 drivers in WINE, then they're pulling a Sun Microsystems. Maybe WINE is being turned into the next MySQL? A fork would also allow for a rebranding.. How much of WINE is from codeweavers vs community contributors?
        Last edited by ethana2; 02 August 2013, 04:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I think someone may need to calm down a bit.

Comment

No DX11 Support....

Comment

About gallium d3d9 support. Any current info available for how to get that setup with current releases of wine?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                About gallium d3d9 support. Any current info available for how to get that setup with current releases of wine?
                far as i know there is a Patch for it on the wine forums

Comment

Most important?

What are the most important parts missing in Wine?

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                    If they're not accepting FOSS d3d9 drivers in WINE, then they're pulling a Sun Microsystems. Maybe WINE is being turned into the next MySQL? A fork would also allow for a rebranding.. How much of WINE is from codeweavers vs community contributors?
                    They didn't accept the original DX11 code because it was Linux specific and Wine/CodeWeavers has to work on Linux, BSD and Mac. Its not that they just said "No screw you"
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X