AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Driver For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xpris View Post
    In fact, give chmod for proc / ati helps temporarily. I tried to rebuild packages firegl_public.c editing the file, but it did not help, maybe I did it wrong. Could someone send me the converted file firegl_public.c?

I also tried to add to the spec patch that posted ext73 but it did not work.
    Unpack the driver in a directory (--extract dirname)

find the /common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c file (relative to the extract folder)

Just look for this around line nr 821:

Code:
    root = KCL_create_proc_dir(NULL, "ati", S_IFDIR);
    amd replace it with this (add "|S_IRUGO|S_IXUGO"):
    Code:
    root = KCL_create_proc_dir(NULL, "ati", S_IFDIR|S_IRUGO|S_IXUGO);
    Save the file, install with

Code:
    sudo ./ati-installer --arguments --install
    run from the folder where it was extracted.

If it complains about previously installed stuff ,use

Code:
    sudo ./ati-installer --arguments --install --force
    Last edited by gradinaruvasile; 04 August 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Brutal Legend menu fixed

(just a quick check) For me, this Cat 13.8b1 fixed the corrupted menus in Brutal Legend.

Comment

kde 4.11, ati fglrx 13.8 beta, ubuntu 13.04 - opengl doesn't work

Hi,

I have just upgraded to ubuntu 13.04 with kernel 3.10.6. After that I have updated my fglrx to 13.8 beta and after that I have added ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports and I have upgraded my system.
        After reboot my effects settings changed to xrander, so I tried to apply new opengl 2.1,2.0 and 3.1 but none of them works. It says that "it was not possible to activate effects using those options, check the X configuration or change the options about the composition type".

Here is my xorg.conf:

and my Xorg.0.log:

This is the output of glxinfo:
        Code:
            name of display: :0
            Setting of real/effective user Id to 0/0 failed
            libGL error: open uki failed (Operation not permitted)
            libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
            display: :0  screen: 0
            direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
            server glx vendor string: ATI
            server glx version string: 1.4
            server glx extensions:
                GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
                GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_OML_swap_method,
                GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
                GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group
            client glx vendor string: ATI
            client glx version string: 1.4
            client glx extensions:
                GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile,
                GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
                GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
                GLX_MESA_allocate_memory, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
                GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_OML_swap_method,
                GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
                GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
                GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier, GLX_SGIX_swap_group, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
                GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
                GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_AMD_gpu_association, GLX_EXT_buffer_age
            GLX version: 1.4
            GLX extensions:
                GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
                GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
            OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
            OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
            OpenGL version string: 2.1 (4.3.12438 Compatibility Profile Context 13.20.5)
            OpenGL shading language version string: (null)
            OpenGL extensions:
                GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_fragment_program,
                GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_multisample,
                GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_point_parameters,
                GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_shadow_ambient,
                GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression,
                GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_add,
                GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar,
                GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat,
                GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle,
                GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object,
                GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_shader_objects,
                GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object,
                GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
                GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,
                GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_copy_texture,
                GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object,
                GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_point_parameters,
                GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,
                GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap,
                GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc,
                GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_add,
                GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_lod,
                GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp,
                GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_vertex_array,
                GL_EXT_histogram, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample,
                GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ATI_draw_buffers,
                GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once,
                GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat,
                GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,
                GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,
                GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SGIX_shadow_ambient, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays,
                GL_ARB_texture_float
        and this is the output of fglrxinfo:
        Code:

Comment

Hi,

I have just upgraded to ubuntu 13.04 with kernel 3.10.6. After that I have updated my fglrx to 13.8 beta and after that I have added ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports and I have upgraded my system.
          After reboot my effects settings changed to xrander, so I tried to apply new opengl 2.1,2.0 and 3.1 but none of them works. It says that "it was not possible to activate effects using those options, check the X configuration or change the options about the composition type".

Here is my xorg.conf:

and my Xorg.0.log:

This is the output of glxinfo:
          Code:
              name of display: :0
              direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
              server glx vendor string: ATI
              server glx version string: 1.4
              server glx extensions:
                  GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
                  GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group
              client glx vendor string: ATI
              client glx version string: 1.4
              client glx extensions:
                  GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile,
                  GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
                  GLX_MESA_allocate_memory, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
                  GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_OML_swap_method,
                  GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
                  GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
                  GLX_SGIX_swap_barrier, GLX_SGIX_swap_group, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
                  GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
                  GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_AMD_gpu_association, GLX_EXT_buffer_age
              GLX version: 1.4
              GLX extensions:
                  GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
                  GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap
              OpenGL shading language version string: (null)
              OpenGL extensions:
                  GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_fragment_program,
                  GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_multisample,
                  GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_point_parameters,
                  GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_shadow_ambient,
                  GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression,
                  GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_add,
                  GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar,
                  GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat,
                  GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle,
                  GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object,
                  GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_shader_objects,
                  GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object,
                  GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
                  GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,
                  GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_copy_texture,
                  GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object,
                  GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_point_parameters,
                  GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,
                  GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap,
                  GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc,
                  GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_add,
                  GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_lod,
                  GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp,
                  GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_vertex_array,
                  GL_EXT_histogram, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample,
                  GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ATI_draw_buffers,
                  GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once,
                  GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat,
                  GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,
                  GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,
                  GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SGIX_shadow_ambient, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays,
                  GL_ARB_texture_float

and this is the output of fglrxinfo:
          Code:

How can I solve it?
          Thanks

Comment

You should have updated your system before you installed the driver.

I am not an expert, but would try just to install the amd drivers again.

Comment

No update problem, its a driver issue.
              He has 2 choices - applies the patch (its in this thread somewhere afaik) and reinstalls the driver or launches opengl apps as root (not really desired).

Edit:

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4l View Post
                You should have updated your system before you installed the driver.

I am not an expert, but would try just to install the amd drivers again.
                thanks I tried it, but it didn't work.

Originally posted by gradinaruvasile
                No update problem, its a driver issue.
                He has 2 choices - applies the patch (its in this thread somewhere afaik) and reinstalls the driver or launches opengl apps as root (not really desired).

Edit:
                yes it is. The problem is that those drivers are a .sh file, I don't know how to extract them and apply patch in there.
                Btw I also tried to reinstall 13.4 drivers with kernel 3.8 and everything works fine.
                I hope it will be fixed with next fglrx release.

Thanks

Comment

The following command helps before launching steam or any games

sudo chmod -R 777 /proc/ati/

Comment

Originally posted by deri View Post
                    The following command helps before launching steam or any games

sudo chmod -R 777 /proc/ati/
                    That will have to do after every reboot.

Comment

i know. but you can open console and use upward key so it propmts the command there

Comment

Working...
                      X