No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Releases Its SHIELD Portable Gaming Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From an aesthetic point of view this thing is a complete fail IMHO.
    And it looks damn chunky and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
      Kind of, the shield offers more than that. First of all its very powerful, more than current phones although that will change. But the main advantage would be plugging in to the tv including 4k displays and the shield can stream steam games from a pc to the shield, which nothing else can do.
      You can only stream if you have a GTX 650 or above card

You have to be able to install "geforce experience" whichis windows vista/7/8 only

You need to have dx11

I wont be wasting my money on this device

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
        You can only stream if you have a GTX 650 or above card

You have to be able to install "geforce experience" whichis windows vista/7/8 only

You need to have dx11

I wont be wasting my money on this device
        Yes i am aware, just trying to point out that they are trying to do something no one else has done and thats cool.
        If you are the person who would buy this device you probably are a windows gamer with a gtx 650 or above, you would have geforce experience on windows 7 and of course directx 11.

I would buy this if it werent for the $200 more you could spend to just put a steam box in your living room. If it had linux support and it used the nvidia grid technology instead and allowed you to game on the WAN instead of LAN and wireless display to a TV I would buy one.

Comment

So... wait. It's a "portable" gaming device... but it requires physical, wired connection to an actual desktop PC to stream games from? What actually is the point? Why not just play on the PC in the first place?

I fail to see the point of this technology.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
            So... wait. It's a "portable" gaming device... but it requires physical, wired connection to an actual desktop PC to stream games from? What actually is the point? Why not just play on the PC in the first place?

No, it's WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post

no its wifi but its LAN only not say from your computer at home to your shield while youre at your friends house

Comment

Oh, so it works over WLAN.

Still, I fail to see the point. You can stream games from your desktop PC to... play games in the toilet? Well I guess there's some kind of demographic for that, although I'd hate to think what it is...

Comment

Well I think a couch would be a more appropriate location. It's a lot more comfortable than a desk and chair for just a casual gaming session.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    Well I think a couch would be a more appropriate location. It's a lot more comfortable than a desk and chair for just a casual gaming session.
                    I'm writing this on my desktop PC while sitting on a couch right now...

Comment

OMG this is certainly the Frankensteins monster of a handheld. Too bulky, too heavy, ergonomically unusable touchscreen from what I've seen.

I'd take a phone/tablet with tegra4 plus an attachable dualschock over this "thing" any day.

Comment

Working...
                      X