Cat 8.02 Session Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat 8.02 Session Settings?

Hi, it seems that ATI drivers store some session variable or something because whenever I log in to my user account, my external display gets set to "clone". But when my computer boots, at the GDM screen (login), the external display is set to "BigDesktop". If I log into root, it is still "BigDesktop", ie. nothing changes. If I log into my user with XFCE, it is still "BigDesktop" and nothing changes. If I log into my user with Gnome, it turns to Clone, which I really do not want.

Where would this setting be stored so that I can remove it? I really don't want to have to create another user just to fix the problem.

Thanks

/etc/ati/amdpcsdb

You could then just replace that with amdpcsdb.default, or change the driver mode once you log into your account from aticonfig or amdcccle.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! That file though, it seems to be system wide? How come it is only one user account, and more specifically one Desktop Environment for that user that changes modes?

Will amdpcsdb.default default my user back?

Comment

AMD is working on some user-specific support into amdpcsdb (though I am not certain if that's in there yet).

amd.pcsdb contains the default values.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

OK I tried overwriting that file with the default, and it still didn't fix the problem. At the login window again my external monitor is detected properly, and extends the desktop as I want it to.

When I log into my main user, again the monitor is set to "Clone" mode, when I don't want it to change at all from "BigDesktop". This leads me to believe that there are some settings for the ATI driver somewhere specific to my user, and more specific to my Desktop Environment (Gnome) because a different Desktop Environment (XFCE) or different user (root) does not have the changing of the display modes on the external monitor.

Comment

Working...
          X