Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4 File-System Updated For Linux 3.10 Kernel

Phoronix: Reiser4 File-System Updated For Linux 3.10 Kernel

The out-of-tree Reiser4 file-system has been updated so it can be used with the stable Linux 3.10 kernel series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hans Reiser

I wish Hans Reiser were given a laptop with an Internet connection access to a Git repository.

Comment

I miss Jade. He was very friendly by today's Phoronix forums' standards.

Comment

IMO the developers should really consider changing the name.

Comment

Originally posted by danielnez1 View Post
          IMO the developers should really consider changing the name.
          I strongly agree on this...

Despite Hans Reiser did a great work, his crime has given very bad publicity to this project. Unfortunately, most people aren't smart enough to separate work merits from personal issues.

Comment

So, what exactly does this fs do? What's the benefit of using ReiserFS over ext4 or btrfs?

Comment

The same question

Originally posted by dee. View Post
              So, what exactly does this fs do? What's the benefit of using ReiserFS over ext4 or btrfs?
              Phoronix test lab is a proper testing entity for reiser4 comparison with ext4 and btrfs. I strongly ask Phoronix testers to start with that immediately.

Comment

Working...
              X