GNOME & Intel Developers Plan The Wayland Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    No, not suddenly but it's still unusable. Any media play framework is that randomly stops playback is useless: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=281897
    Bugs like these are nowadays only getting fixed in GStreamer 1.x (hopefully they get fixed at all).
    do you even read your own links? not only is it fixed in 1.0, but the fix was backported to the 0.10 branch.

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Not only does Phonon ensure KDE's ABI stability promise, it also means that people like me can simply avoid such bugs by just using the VLC back-end.
    pretty impressed that your response to 'there's one bug which was fixed eight months ago' is to switch frameworks. i've got a repeatable oops/panic in the kernel: do you recommend i switch to freebsd, or try to get it fixed?

Comment

• Originally posted by daniels View Post
      do you even read your own links? not only is it fixed in 1.0, but the fix was backported to the 0.10 branch.

pretty impressed that your response to 'there's one bug which was fixed eight months ago' is to switch frameworks.
      I don't care how long ago the bug was fixed. I care about how long the bug was not fixed. I experienced random stops using GStreamer for years. Before that I experience random segfaults.

VLC simply works. It works since ages.
      VLC also is my movie player of choice ? longer than GStreamer even exists. So why not also use it as Phonon back-end to listen to music in Juk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        I don't care how long ago the bug was fixed. I care about how long the bug was not fixed.
        it was fixed pretty damn rapidly after being reported upstream. hard to fix bugs you don't know about.

Comment

• Gnome is heavily involved in the development of Wayland and Weston.

Comment

Working...
          X