Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon DPM Support Should Now Be In Good Shape

Phoronix: Radeon DPM Support Should Now Be In Good Shape

The dynamic power management support for the open-source AMD Radeon graphics driver on Linux should now be in good shape...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

well if you own an Radeon 777X Cape Verde XT i confirm it reclock perfectly fine now and i tested xonotic and went from 30FPS before DPM to a massive 190FPS using ultimate settings at 1366x768[all forms of vsync deactivated ofc]

i can't stop thanking alex for this awesome job

Comment

Amazing

This is amazing!
      The open source AMD drivers are shaping up!
      I can't wait until they rival the proprietary drivers.

Comment

Aces, Charles. Aces.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
          well if you own an Radeon 777X Cape Verde XT i confirm it reclock perfectly fine now and i tested xonotic and went from 30FPS before DPM to a massive 190FPS using ultimate settings at 1366x768[all forms of vsync deactivated ofc]

i can't stop thanking alex for this awesome job
          Your HD 7770 works really well now? I thought the performance on Southern Islands was still much slower than previous generations and unrelated to the DPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie View Post
            Your HD 7770 works really well now? I thought the performance on Southern Islands was still much slower than previous generations and unrelated to the DPM.
            SI asics come up with really low clocks by default similar to APUs so while there are still a number of 3D optimizations we still have to port from r600g to radeonsi, at least with DPM, the production clocks are enabled.

Comment

I don't think I said "rock solid", but it should work pretty well for the majority of systems

Comment

Just wondering if there are plans to support Muxless AMD GPUs (AMD + AMD) ? It certainly should take less priority than 3D performance, DPM and UVD in my opinion, and in my case the APU is not much slower than the DGPU, but it would be nice if it was working. Even if just so I can test RadeonSI and see how it's coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                  Just wondering if there are plans to support Muxless AMD GPUs (AMD + AMD) ? It certainly should take less priority than 3D performance, DPM and UVD in my opinion, and in my case the APU is not much slower than the DGPU, but it would be nice if it was working. Even if just so I can test RadeonSI and see how it's coming along.
                  It should work already with the providers stuff in xserver 1.14. Howto guide:

it's from the nouveau page, but all the same information applies to AMD systems as well.
                  Last edited by agd5f; 29 July 2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Hmm.. I didn't noticed any improvement and now it's regressed to the point that booting doesn't work..

Issue introduced somewhere between 07bc9dc1b01bad7084fed3d2659e5d83317869bc ( 2013-07-25-saucy/ build) and <bad> 6c504ecf506705a6575541b28824e13090bd223b (2013-07-27-saucy/).

Still trying to narrow this down.. my kernel bisecting skills aren't working today..

Comment

Working...
                    X