No announcement yet.

Ubuntu Edge Pulls In $7M USD In One Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu edge hardware is unbelievable. the price tag of 830$ is more than fair and the first day 600$ price offer was scandalous! if i had the money i would buy it and i dont care if it comes even with windows preintalled. its the hardware that excites me on that phone.

i dont think that they will reach 32m anyway..

Comment

Well you can follow the 'progress' at that page: http://ubuntu.korczynskij.pl/
      Since today Canonical is lagging behind the daily goal and when you take the last 50 updates as an prediction they get around 10 million $ in the end.
      Seems that goal is way to high...

Comment

Cortex-A15 can address up to 1TB of RAM, so they'll be fine.

Comment

Tegra 4's specification saying it support 4GB ram. Ram should not be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Of course no company have payed $80,000.
            Really, what kind of idiot at a company would buy in 100 devices at a price of $80,000 without evaluating the device before if it suits their needs?

Any such idiot would quickly be fired.
            Look at all the people that dumped $10,000 to have one of the first 50 phones out of production.

Comment

Originally posted by synaptix View Post
              Look at all the people that dumped $10,000 to have one of the first 50 phones out of production.
              Yeah, but that's somebody being silly with their own money. If you're spending 80 grand of somebody else's money, you're going to have to justify that expense to your boss somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                Even if they keep the total pace so far, $7,115,955/7*30=$30,496,950, so over $1.5 million short.
                Shuttleworth might be able to foot $1.5 million in the last minute of the last day of the fundraiser if they actually manage to get that close. I think if they hit 30 million that Shuttleworth will pick up the rest, how ever much it is. I don't think he picks up 4+ million though.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
                  Shuttleworth might be able to foot $1.5 million in the last minute of the last day of the fundraiser if they actually manage to get that close. I think if they hit 30 million that Shuttleworth will pick up the rest, how ever much it is. I don't think he picks up 4+ million though.
                  Shuttleworth putting 1.5M on the table defeats the overarching purpose of this fund raiser.

Comment

I'm very dissappointed with the general direction of mobile OS's - specially Android which is becoming more and more a Google dumb terminal.

An option pushing in the opposite direction, having my main computer with me all the time, is more than welcome.

Having said that, I'll probably not buy it. I like Ubuntu mainly because of being Debian based, not for their default software selections - which I normally remove when installing it. I'd need to see if Unity on a phone is any good.

Comment

I just use a 64gb micro sd now but decent size internal storage is a big plus.

Comment

Working...
                      X