Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Task Manager Is Much Improved In KDE 4.11

Phoronix: KDE's Task Manager Is Much Improved In KDE 4.11

The task manager for the KDE Plasma desktop is much-improved in the upcoming KDE 4.11 release with some parts of it being rewritten from scratch to address longstanding issues while other improvements are making it ready for QML...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds good to me. I always felt KDE's task manager was a little sloppy and resource demanding. To my surprise though, I wouldn't say there are many linux task managers that really impressed me. Most of them seem to have some significant flaw.

Comment

Amazing. I actually noticed most of the issues listed in the blog post (although they happen randomly and rarely, but when they do, it's annoying) myself, so getting rid of them is very nice. Now if the next Phonon-GStreamer with GStreamer 1.0 support makes it into the next KDE release, I'll be a very happy panda.

Comment

Great improvements, I'm really looking forward to KDE 4.11. Should only be 2 weeks until the final release.
        So, KDE bug 224447, which I encountered sometimes, seems to be fixed
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Sounds good to me. I always felt KDE's task manager was a little sloppy and resource demanding. To my surprise though, I wouldn't say there are many linux task managers that really impressed me. Most of them seem to have some significant flaw.
          Bet you can't find a flaw in psdoom.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Bet you can't find a flaw in psdoom.
            Is there a working version of this? The things I could find on sourceforge doesn't run on anything half modern.

Comment

KDE is crap. I plug a smartphone in and I have crashes and windows popping up that I didn't select. I only need to save my data and make sure everything is saved (info on drives etc.) then I can finally eradicate this garbage desktop environment. I don't like Unity but then I didn't use it for long. I just know it uses up a lot of resources but I've used KDE long enough to know that since 4.0, it's been going downhill and still is.

Icons jump around but half the time nothing works. The spinning dots... lol.... it reminds me of the hourglass.

Error Plasma Desktop Shell - "The process for the mtp protocol died unexpectedly."
              Last edited by Panix; 09 August 2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X