No announcement yet.

Vote On A Distribution For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really know what to vote. I personnaly use Slackware but I can understand it may not be the easiest distro to use for benchmarks because of lack of several binary packages (systemd, pulseaudio, for instance, which is quite OK for my side, but not to be representative). Although on the other hand, it's quite vanilla and stable so could be a good basis.
    I guess Debian or a Debian-based would be nice, or maybe Open Suse.

Comment

Logical

Now everybody knows members will vote for the Distro they're using. This is a popularity contest, not a Poll. =p

Comment

Seriously - either Fedora (prefered) or OpenSuse. Ubuntu is wreckage!! Fedora contributes most and most cutting edge, OpenSuse is best distribution from user point with latest technologies and none of this home-brew distro-only technologies (except Yast2, but Yast2 is just config tool).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
          Now everybody knows members will vote for the Distro they're using. This is a popularity contest, not a Poll. =p
          I don't use Fedora or Suse, I use Debian; but Debian is definitely not what should be benchmarked due to various reasons.

Comment

is there a way for you to tell if a lot of the votes are from the same IP's?

Comment

i voted for a Linux i don't use at all well maybe for testing/development

Comment

Not true. I'm using Arch, and I've voted for Fedora. I think that more noob-friendly distro than Arch should be featured. And both Fedora and Arch are quite similar in that both try to be bleeding-edge and vanilla, unlike for example openSUSE (YaST) and of course Ubuntu (Mir! Upstart!)

Comment

There is Xubuntu but not Kubuntu, how strange

Comment

I like what i see for the first 100 votes, ubuntu+xubuntu are just 30% of all votes. That clearly means something - majority does not care about *buntus .

Comment

I voted openSUSE since with the OBS you have the best situation for a repeatable automated setup.

Comment

Working...
                      X