Vote On A Distribution For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheOne View Post
    it is more about patents bullshit than pirating software since open source codecs were developed from the ground up
    if you're big like Apple you don't call it pirating you call it patent infringement (a nice way of saying it) it's the Same thing

Comment

• do other distros even use facebook? if not is not exactly a good comparison isn't it

i guess ubuntuers are butthurt cuz ubuntu don't have 99.99% in the poll

Comment

• Originally posted by nll_a
        If this supposed "Linux community" you're talking about is comprised of people like these dudes that hang around the Phoronix forums, then I think Canonical is actually being too damn patient with it, almost saint-like. Heck, I would totally freak out and start writing a new kernell from scratch just to get away from this crap. So starting new, GPL-licensed Free and Open Source projects because you don't wanna keep focusing on two hundred-foot mainframes is now called "being a prick"? Wow, can this shit become any stupider?

The Ubuntu community is a very large and important part of the Linux community and will continue to be. Be a grown-up and deal with it.

It's EXTREMELY annoying to read Ubuntu bashing all over Phoronix. You know, everyone has their reasons for doing whatever they feel is best for their distro, and no one else has the right to tell them how they should work and what they should do, which unfortunatelly is what a lot of people around here tries to do. It's ridiculous, an embarassment.

I've been a Linux user for 5+ years. I currently use CentOS at work and Ubuntu+Unity (which I absolutelly adore, thank you) on my laptop, but I've also used Debian and TAILS. All the distros I tried left in me nothing less than respect for all the good work and good ideas everyone invests in them. I can't say the same for this distro fanboys and Canonical haters, people who would vote for Sabily just to hate on Ubuntu.

I've been reading Phoronix for 2+ years now, and the sole reason I tolerate this distro wars and keep reading it is because the benchmarks are based on Ubuntu. Now I guess this will be my chance to get out. Just wanted to say hello, good bye and good luck with the new Rebecca Black benchmarks.
        yep butthurt and if canonical do so we will be very happy, plz make that recommendation in their forums

Comment

The issue with Canonical and Ubuntu is the fact that Canonical rides the backseat patching others hard work from the Linux community into a distro, but then turns around and never really contributes anything in return.

Microsoft contributes more to Linux than Canonical ever has and the only thing Microsoft contributes is Hyper-V support.

Comment

If this supposed "Linux community" you're talking about is comprised of people like these dudes that hang around the Phoronix forums, then I think Canonical is actually being too damn patient with it, almost saint-like. Heck, I would totally freak out and start writing a new kernell from scratch just to get away from this crap. So starting new, GPL-licensed Free and Open Source projects because you don't wanna keep focusing on two hundred-foot mainframes is now called "being a prick"? Wow, can this shit become any stupider?

The Ubuntu community is a very large and important part of the Linux community and will continue to be. Be a grown-up and deal with it.

It's EXTREMELY annoying to read Ubuntu bashing all over Phoronix. You know, everyone has their reasons for doing whatever they feel is best for their distro, and no one else has the right to tell them how they should work and what they should do, which unfortunatelly is what a lot of people around here tries to do. It's ridiculous, an embarassment.

I've been a Linux user for 5+ years. I currently use CentOS at work and Ubuntu+Unity (which I absolutelly adore, thank you) on my laptop, but I've also used Debian and TAILS. All the distros I tried left in me nothing less than respect for all the good work and good ideas everyone invests in them. I can't say the same for this distro fanboys and Canonical haters, people who would vote for Sabily just to hate on Ubuntu.

I've been reading Phoronix for 2+ years now, and the sole reason I tolerate this distro wars and keep reading it is because the benchmarks are based on Ubuntu. Now I guess this will be my chance to get out. Just wanted to say hello, good bye and good luck with the new Rebecca Black benchmarks.
            Rebecca Black OS is based on Ubuntu ROFL

Comment

• you ubuntu guys should ask mark to switch to freebsd, i think is more aligned with them now than linux

Comment

FOR HUMANITIES' SAKE, please tell us you're kidding or being sarcastic or whatever.
                You'd be surprised how many companies pay for Facebook likes and what not. Companies will do anything in their power to push the competition down.

Companies pay people to spread FUD campaigns against their cometitors. Companies pay people to get their competitors banned from revenue services like Google Adsense. Companies pay people to post on competitors blogs and write bad reviews.

Comment

FOR HUMANITIES' SAKE, please tell us you're kidding or being sarcastic or whatever.
                  yes, no, maybe, but when you have Cash for PR...

Microsoft may have hired a PR firm to manage its reputation on Reddit in light of the Xbox One console.

and i really like to know if the same is going on here, i see too many Ubuntu Representatives and not just fanboys

and that a Microsoft Veteran Runs the Ubuntu Project now? hmm this look's bad

companies do this all the time i can see Mark doing it

Comment

Yeah, so based on that I guess I could say Microsoft+Google+Apple paid a bunch of Phoronix readers to talk crap about Ubuntu on Phoronix forums because they're afraid of Ubuntu Edge. Or even better, it's the new FSF strategy to promote Replicant and GNewSense.

Guys, really, that's sooooooo embarassing. Stop it already. No one cares about Pinguy OS (Yes, based of Ubuntu too), specially not Canonical.
                    Microsoft Google and Canonical all share the same bed? so what are you talking about and, the Ubuntu Edge is going to start off as a Andoird Phone any ways

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
                      Ubuntu gets around 67% of Facebook Likes for Linux distributions, so actually it's pretty popular.
                      Or people smart enough not to use facebook are also smart enough not to use ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                      X