Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowd sourcing Mesa development experiment

Hi All,

In an effort to better understand if crowd sourcing Mesa development would work I have setup a small project on Indiegogo with the Goal of implementing the GL_KHR_debug extension (OpenGL 4.3). As a stretch goal I aiming to create a bit of a guide to get started with the basics of Mesa development based on my experience. Please feel free to ask me any questions, comment on my idea or in good old Phoronix fashion flame me for whatever your reasons my be.

To view my campaign just go to indiegogo and search for Mesa.

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
    To view my campaign just go to indiegogo and search for Mesa.
    Who likes to search for something they just read about? Nobody, that's who:
    Many have brought up the idea of crowd sourcing open source graphics driver development. This is a small scale experiment to see if it could actually work. | Check out 'Help improve OpenGL support for the Linux Graphics Drivers' on Indiegogo.

Quite some money for a single extension. But whatever, if it makes debugging easier and everything, why not. Here's $25. Only 99 people left to give the same?

Comment

I've chipped in, good luck to you. Only 97% left to go!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
        Who likes to search for something they just read about? Nobody, that's who:
        Yeah sorry about that the forums wouldn't let me add a link to my post because I was a new member. Thanks for adding the link.

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
        Quite some money for a single extension. But whatever, if it makes debugging easier and everything, why not. Here's $25. Only 99 people left to give the same?
        First off thanks for your contribution its greatly appreciated. Second I have tried to make the price as reasonable as possible without over promising on what I can deliver given the timeframe.

Originally posted by archibald View Post
        I've chipped in, good luck to you. Only 97% left to go!
        Thank you for your genorous donation.

Comment

I've chipped in too; I hope it succeeds!

Comment

I am somehow interested on your project.

I made a thread here

" Hi All, In an effort to better understand if crowd sourcing Mesa development would work I have setup a small project on Indiegogo with the Goal of implementing the GL_KHR_debug extension (OpenGL 4.3). As a stretch goal I aiming to create a bit of a guide to get started with the basics of Mesa development based on my experience. Please feel free to ask me any questions, comment on my idea or in good old Phoronix fashion flame me for whatever your reasons my be.

I would be interesting to support mesa and wine, but I would like to know what the developers are doing.

Comment

Parts of the campaign page look a bit un-professional or unconvincing.

here are a few tips:
              More entrepreneurs are raising money via crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter, but it doesn't mean you're guaranteed a home run.

Some short Video and video updates will help a lot too with the credibility too specially with those more skeptic and laggard donators, just be yourself and show what you want to accomplish.

Maybe you might even surpass your initial goal, Wish you luck !!

Comment

Perhaps we should have a little competition - first to implement the extension gets the money

Comment

Having recently started off in openGL programming, I know exactly how valuable the new debug_out extension is. I chipped in a bit too, hope this campaign will work out!

Comment

I suggest you inform more sites interested in Linux to gain more support.

Comment

Working...
                    X