No announcement yet.

Watermint Game, Open-Source Engine Move Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstarter - US only and illegal in many countries. Indiegogo - not well known with the public.

Also not very likely a lot of people would fund an open-source game without some big name head honcho there; almost every successful kickstarter has ridden on the boss's name.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Kickstarter - US only and illegal in many countries. Indiegogo - not well known with the public.

Also not very likely a lot of people would fund an open-source game without some big name head honcho there; almost every successful kickstarter has ridden on the boss's name.
      Kickstarter is illegal in many countries? By what logic do this countries justify that Kickstarter is illegal?

Comment

Taking donations requires a permit in many countries. Getting such a permit "to get funds for myself" is usually not an acceptable reason in the law.

Comment

The intent of such laws is of course to prevent all kinds of scams "it's going to sick war veterans in nigeria without food and medicine. (editing still broken)

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Watermint Game, Open-Source Engine Move Forward

It's been a while since last talking about the Spearmint and Watermint game engines, but I'm pleased to report that activity on them is progressing...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyMDA
            Hello I am the one working on the Watermint game engine,

First off its awesome to see that someone is taking some interest into my engine. For any criticism anyone has on the engine, I'm 16 and coding is my hobby, I'm not an artist by any stretch so don't expect to much on that department unless I can find someone to help me, although I will try my hardest to produce reasonably acceptable artwork. These data files are not to be used necessarily by them selfs but more of to give others a decent base to work off of. I will work to create artwork for menus, weapons, maps, and players as needed in the engine but not to directly replace the Quake3 data files.

I have no official "release" date because the engine will be worked on constantly. I will continue to add features and fix things. if anyone wants to give suggestions or ideas I'm open to all of it, just contact me.

Hopefully soon I will be able to update my website and if there are slows in progress it is due to schoolwork.

Also the "Mecwerks" engine no longer exists, all of my development is currently in Watermint/Spearmint/ioquake3.

Thanks again,
            Marcus

Comment

Working...
            X