Wayland, Weston 1.2 Development Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BO$$
    Wayland isn't small because they are some great coders but because it doesn't do much!
    bo$$ was on vacation? i missed his totaly retarded and technically empty responses

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
      not really. but I often get the impression that people think that wayland needs a lot of work. not really. mesa, toolkits, cairo, WMs need lot of work. even the whole GDM/login issue thing is not resolved yet. wayland by itself is basically done.
      far as i know you can use Systemd to log in?

Comment

Wayland isn't small because they are some great coders but because it doesn't do much!
        and whats MIR doing at all?

Comment

Is it just me or is bozley getting stupider each day?

Comment

Oh hey there Bo$$, where you been?

Comment

On Windows, realizing how far you Linux nerds are from ever reaching that market share with your attitude.
              Hey wait a second now, I'm on Windows 8 at the moment. xD

Comment

Were you forced to use it, manipulated into using it and can't downgrade, or you actually like it?
                Wasn't forced.
                Wasn't manipulated.
                I can downgrade to Windows 7 if I wanted, but I won't.
                I like it.

Comment

Sounds good. Where I can take a free copy of Windows 8?

Comment

You use Windows on phoronix. There are assassins sent to your exact location at this very moment.

Anyway does that Metro interface actually have a point or you spend most time in the desktop environment? Do the start menu programs installed actually work or cause more problems than they solve (if you have something like that installed)? Do Windows 7 drivers work on Windows 8?
                    I also use Linux on Phoronix as well. I triple boot Windows 8, Xubuntu 13.04 and Linux Mint 15 Mate.

I got my start screen all organized and I do use it (since my thumb is literally right on the Windows key most of the time). I don't use those start menu programs and from what I've read they cause a lot of problems.

Yes they do, but most of my drivers I use have had a Windows 8 specific driver for awhile now. Realtek, NVIDIA, Microsoft mouse and AMD chipset drivers. The only thing that doesn't have Windows 8 drivers is my LifeChat LX3000, but the drivers that automatically install work flawlessly.

Comment

You use Windows on phoronix. There are assassins sent to your exact location at this very moment.

Anyway does that Metro interface actually have a point or you spend most time in the desktop environment? Do the start menu programs installed actually work or cause more problems than they solve (if you have something like that installed)? Do Windows 7 drivers work on Windows 8?

If drivers work I'm almost thinking of upgrading but they removed Aero. Why the hell did they remove my transparent windows? Bring back the start menu and give me Aero Glass back and I'm going to upgrade! Microsoft are you listening??
                      Hahaha!! Microsoft is not listening, it has no ears anymore because it is rotting!!
                      I love Windows 8! Reminds me the good old days of Windows Millennium!
                      Can you imagine windows 8 running under Mir? You could then run the Great Aero via Weston through Mir and have your transparent windows back in the outer space!!!
                      Think about it...
                      Maybe you should start coding to port Mir (Canonical behind it more market share) or Wayland (even with few lines you could be the maintainer of the projekt so easily) to Windows 8!

Comment

Working...
                      X