Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Gets An XRandR GUI

Phoronix: Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Gets An XRandR GUI

A week ago, Canonical's Bryce Harrington had pushed an XRandR GUI into Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, which can now be found inside Alpha 6. This utility facilitates the dynamic management of displays using the RandR 1.2 extension, which is similar to URandR, GRandR, and other RandR front-ends. This new package has caught our attention and led us to explore its capabilities for display management.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow... I never new GNOME Control Center existed. Thought it was something new on 8.04, but it turns out I have it too.

Sweet. Why won't they clean up system - administration and replace it with this?

Comment

krandrtray seems to be better...

Comment

Will this help me with my deal seat machine or do I still have to figure out why userful isn't working?

Comment

@ethana2, not currently, but stay tuned.

Comment

I'm about as tuned as you can get without pulling svn and git ^_^

Comment

Wouldn't help anyway - it's in bzr. ;-)

Comment

*sigh*

...wait, are you saying this functionality is properly in the works?

Comment

I've said too much! (Actually just come by #ubuntu-x tomorrow or Monday if you're interested in helping with evaluating a new chunk of code we're looking at possibly rolling out soonish.)

Comment

Working...
                  X