Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Releases Updated Nexus 7 Tablet

Phoronix: Google Releases Updated Nexus 7 Tablet

While it shouldn't come as a surprise given the recent (accurate) leaks on the device, but Google unveiled today a new ASUS-manufactured Nexus 7 tablet. The new Nexus 7 has a higher resolution display and is powered by the just-announced Android 4.3 operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With those specs at that price, I'm starting to wonder how to talk my wife into letting me get one

Comment

Will Freedreno driver work with this? I hope there will be a Wayland based system released for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        With those specs at that price, I'm starting to wonder how to talk my wife into letting me get one
        You will probably have to buy her a hand bag or shoes so better include those to the price.

Comment

Dang, that is some seriously good pricing for what sounds like a sweet device.

Comment

Curse changing the product and keeping the name the same. "Wanna buy a Nexus 7? No not that Nexus 7, not that either, but this mid-2013 Nexus 7..." "Is that June or July model?"

Comment

Yes, keeping the name is stupid. They had to call it Nexus 7.2.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Will Freedreno driver work with this? I hope there will be a Wayland based system released for it.
                I would expect so.. looks like basically the same SoC that is in the nexus4, but with a larger screen.

Comment

Working...
                X