• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda View Post
    A change to the Debian packaging so Mir will not build on PowerPC

WTF?!?

Oh well, another plus for Wayland.
    Ubuntu stopped officially supporting PowerPC several years ago, as has just about every other Linux distribution except Debian and Gentoo, so its not surprising that they're not going to cater to the literally hundreds of users left on those platforms.
    Furthermore, I highly doubt that Weston could be made to run on PowerMacs since drivers for them don't support 3D acceleration, unless you want to try software rendering on a computer that's at least 8 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$
      Mir is advancing fast and that hurts you wayland fanbois.
      It is?

Originally posted by phoronix
      A connection authorization mechanism has been implemented.

- Continued documentation improvements.

- A change to the Debian packaging so Mir will not build on PowerPC architectures but only x86, x86_64, ARMv7 hardfp, and 64-bit ARMv8.

- Various other changes and fixes.
      Could have fooled me.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Release early, release often is good!

RERO.
        Well, this would be useful if they'd actually release it for testers often, but they don't seem to. The point of releasing is people to use it, else, it's just wasting time (I know, it's just a few minutes that won't really affect development pace, but still). I'd like them to update the repo's version, that's still in 0.0.6 (and this means the annoying extra cursor bug is still there).

Comment

Originally posted by rvalles View Post
          We seriously don't need/want these weekly updates.

I'd rather have more Wayland coverage.
          I want them! I like where Ubuntu is heading. Wayland coverage is welcome too.

Love > hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwerry View Post
            I am one of those who think Unity is superior (in terms of usage) to everything else.
            So can we assume you have already tested all other concepts (for example, ever used a tiling WM?), so that your decision that Unity is the best one is actually based on facts and experience?

Comment

Have had a short look at Mir code.

It looks like their are doing an improved X (Mir seems to offer many fonctionalities, handles graphic devices, screens...), whereas I find Wayland very different (does not handle anything, compositor handles input devices and screens. Rendering, graphic cards handled by the egl implementation).

I don't think there will be much difference for the user.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalles View Post
                We seriously don't need/want these weekly updates.

I'd rather have more Wayland coverage.
                Hear, hear.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$
                  Nobody gives a shit for PowerPC. Stop nitpicking shit. Mir is advancing fast and that hurts you wayland fanbois. Canonical kicks ass and that annoys the hell out of you.
                  PowerPC are high END Servers and high End Compters and many game console's

"The architecture has recently dominated the Video game console market

Bandai for its Bandai Pippin, designed by Apple Computer (1995)
                  Microsoft, for the Xbox 360 processor, Xenon
                  Nintendo for the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U processors
                  Sony and Toshiba, for the Cell processor (inside the PlayStation 3 and other devices)"

Comment

The next step is to release every days without called it nightly builds. LOL

Comment

and you think there will be MIR on :

Bandai for its Bandai Pippin, designed by Apple Computer (1995)
                      Microsoft, for the Xbox 360 processor, Xenon
                      Nintendo for the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U processors
                      Sony and Toshiba, for the Cell processor (inside the PlayStation 3 and other devices)"

huh?
                      they are MADE, noone will change them insides

Comment

Working...
                      X