AMD Releases New Catalyst Linux Driver Beta For July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
    On my machine, MSi X370 [AMD APU E-350 Radeon 6310] there is no input lag, but the performance in relation to the Catalyst 13.3 beta3 dropped from 11 to 33%! tested on kernel 3.10.2 [my kernel line: v25.2]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lyst-13.15.png
    From the screen I think you don install full fglrx driver, maybe this is youur answer. Look at "wersja pakietu sterownika".

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
      What's input lag???

I have 5730M, and only experience lagging OUTSIDE games (alt tab to desktop..)

and my bug report

Comment

I'm surprised this isn't in catalyst-test in Arch's AUR.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Wow, just... wow. OpenGL input lag is *still* not fixed (AMD Radeon HD 6870). Although I am hearing it should be fixed with the upcoming Catalyst 13.7 (July, 31th).

Some GPU crashes have been resolved though.
          Use R600 + 3.11-rc2 + Mesa-GIT with that card. You'll likely get better performance that way and you won't have input lag issues. Oh and make sure to enable R600sb with R600_DEBUG=sb,nollvm

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
            Use R600 + 3.11-rc2 + Mesa-GIT with that card. You'll likely get better performance that way and you won't have input lag issues. Oh and make sure to enable R600sb with R600_DEBUG=sb,nollvm
            I already do exactly that, but I am still interested in Catalyst development and try new drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Besides completing the OpenGL 4.3 compliance, this Linux driver blob update resolves issues with Source Engine games, Maya 2011-2013, Unigine Heaven, and Left 4 Dead 2.
              For me with L4D2 it's exactly the other way around: It worked perfectly fine with previous drivers but with this one I have input lag and other issues (like the game screen staying black after alt-tabbing).

Comment

I still get input lag but it seems to have improved a little. Portal is now considerably less annoying to play, but not good enough yet.

I'm very close to deciding to switch to the open source drivers and wayland, but I still don't feel they're quite ready yet.

Comment

Working...
                X