• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (23.07.) AMD Catalyst? OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

(23.07.) AMD Catalyst? OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst? OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver:

Full support for OpenGL 4.3
    Resolved Issues:

Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms - Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
    Maya 2011-2013 ? Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
    Maya 2011-2013 ? Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
    Unigine Heaven ? Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
    Unigine Heaven ? Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
    Left 4 Dead 2 ? Visual corruption issues have been resolved

Also, I am hearing a new regular driver (Catalyst 13.7) is scheduled for July, the 31th.

How to install on kernel 3.10.2 (64-bit)?

I cannot install it on kernel 3.10.2 on Debian 64-bit with or without the 3.10 kernel patch (which works with fglrx 13.6 and kernel 3.10.2 just fine).
    The same bad exit status error when building the kernel module in both cases.

So, is there a patch anywhere (or any install method) for this 13.15 and kernel 3.10?

PS. My specific issue concerns kernel 3.10 and above, 3.9 and lower should not be affected by this.

I got the patch from here:

https://github.com/kolasa/fglrx-13.101

Comment

Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
      I cannot install it on kernel 3.10.2 on Debian 64-bit with or without the 3.10 kernel patch (which works with fglrx 13.6 and kernel 3.10.2 just fine).

So, is there a patch anywhere (or any install method) for this 13.15 and kernel 3.10?

PS. My specific issue concerns kernel 3.10 and above, 3.9 and lower should not be affected by this.

Far as i know it only supports kernel 3.8 its a waiting game when using Bleeding edge Software and proprietary Drivers

Comment

Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post

I had no problems to apply the patch manually. I mean, by visual meld. Code is pretty simple to merge. But lines are not same so automated patch without looking won't work.

Comment

It didn't fixed the Source based games lag...

It's just a little less on CS:Source, but in Left4Dead2... it's unplayable...
          And in source i have to manually limit the FPS to 85 for example to almost loose the lag...

I'm using Lenovo G570 laptop with Radeon 6370M 1 GB GPU and intel HD2000 ( AMD Muxless)

So still not usable...

For christ, are the Nvidia developers just better at writing code than the AMD ones ?

Comment

Did they finally fix the problem with serious sam3 ?

The flickering of semi transparent textures?

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4l View Post
              Did they finally fix the problem with serious sam3 ?

The flickering of semi transparent textures?
              Yes, it's perfect now!

Comment

Is the laptop backlight issue fixed? I'm still on 13.1, it's been broken in all betas and stable since then...

Comment

OpenGL 4.3 or 4.2?

Can someone from AMD or elsewhere tell me why glxinfo reports:
                  Code:
                  OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
                  OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
                  OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3.12414 Core Profile Context 13.15.100.1
                  OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30
                  OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                  OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
                  While Catalyst Control Center reports:
                  Code:
                  4.2.12414 Compatibility Profile Context 13.15.100.1
                  2D is not better here still laggy on KDE 4.11 RC with Raster 2D at Kwin, with Native is even worse...
                  R600s performance is way better even with my 3.7 updated stock opensuse 12.3 kernel but with Mesa 9.2 git.

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
                    Is the laptop backlight issue fixed? I'm still on 13.1, it's been broken in all betas and stable since then...
                    To answer my own question, just tried it, still broken. Never again amd, never again )

Comment

Working...
                    X