KDE Vivaldi Tablet Finally Shipping For QA Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    So you've never heard of left brain thinkers and I don't mean you are pure logic.
    I don't think you understand how brain laterality works.

Like I said case closed. As soon as you said you were a GW proponent then it's more or less like talking to a Borg, especially when you are sprouting off all the indoctrinated propaganda terms and statements. Other words you're no free-thinker.

Case close, I will not be reply to GW content with you. It's off topic too.
    Well you're no fun. But since you evade any other question, like when I ask you to explain why "convergence" is such a game changer, or why it's even desirable, or when I ask you to explain why should anyone besides Canonical use Mir, or stuff like that. So what is there left to use to squeeze entertainment out of you, besides climate change?

But yes, we Borg have this funny tendency, that we tend to ask for evidence for claims, especially when outrageous claims are made. That, and assimilation of inferior species, of course. We Borg are funny that way, we don't tend to accept things as true just because a blog written in comic sans says so. And so far, you haven't presented any evidence. Basically, our conversation about climate change has gone like this:

e8hfff: global warming is a hoax! I know cuz there's this secret organization that's not really secret but they said some offhand quote in 1970-something about pollution, and that of course proves beyond any doubt that global warming is not real!
    me: fascinating. Do you have any evidence for your claims?
    e8hfff: don't tell me that propaganda! You're trying to indoctrinate me with your facts and logic and science! I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore!

That's pretty much par for the course with you. But hey, maybe you do have all that evidence, you just don't want to share it, for some reason. So, the ball is in your court. Go on, show us all how wrong we are.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
      I don't think you understand how brain laterality works.
      When I said if your right brain lobe had been burnt out, you couldn't fathom from a human language perspective that I meant a rounded object, you had to lock yourself into anatomy of lobe sections and hemispheres.

Well you're no fun. But since you evade any other question, like when I ask you to explain why "convergence" is such a game changer, or why it's even desirable, or when I ask you to explain why should anyone besides Canonical use Mir, or stuff like that. So what is there left to use to squeeze entertainment out of you, besides climate change?
      The GW topic come up on topic with the idea of Shuttleworth seeking a grant for energy usage but you had to pounce.

A topic like GW can't be argued without encompassing all factors including the politics, otherwise you its equivalent to arguing Star Trek lore. There is simply so much corruption, propaganda and politics involved.

But yes, we Borg have this funny tendency, that we tend to ask for evidence for claims, especially when outrageous claims are made. That, and assimilation of inferior species, of course. We Borg are funny that way, we don't tend to accept things as true just because a blog written in comic sans says so. And so far, you haven't presented any evidence. Basically, our conversation about climate change has gone like this...
      Left brain and right thinking is a theory of cognition type that is most likely incorrect to the physical area termed in the condition. Most likely the condition has more to do with anatomical lobes and the way the brain was constructed and hormones at that time. If someone is too mechanical in their thinking they lack the nous to join all the variables needed to form fact or new theory. They become robots of propaganda.

Well you're no fun
      I've had some self evaluation and I've decide to not hit on projects like Wayland or PlasmaActive. It's bad conduct on my part as people have put a lot of work in for others to enjoy and I should step away if those projects don't suit.

The jostling started with combating those that were screaming theft and skulduggery over Canonical's announcement of Mir and the irony of their slow progress and inabilities. Stepping forward, I wish project good-stead, like Vivaldi Tablet and Wayland, but I'm putting my energy into Ubuntu-Touch and Mir being chosen for proprietary driver support.

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
        When I said if your right brain lobe had been burnt out, you couldn't fathom from a human language perspective that I meant a rounded object, you had to lock yourself into anatomy of lobe sections and hemispheres.
        Who are you calling a rounded object, you dirty oblong?

The GW topic come up on topic with the idea of Shuttleworth seeking a grant for energy usage but you had to pounce.

A topic like GW can't be argued without encompassing all factors including the politics, otherwise you its equivalent to arguing Star Trek lore. There is simply so much corruption, propaganda and politics involved.
        Yes, there is propaganda. Most of that propaganda is propagated by lobbyists of big oil corporations, who care more about protecting their own profits than the truth, or the future of mankind or our planet. Climate change itself is a phenomenon known and accepted by the vast majority of scientists around the world, because the evidence is there and the evidence is very clear. It's also known that climate change is mostly caused by human activity, ie. pollution. The only thing that is unclear at this point is, how screwed we are, how much time do we have to fix things.

You don't have to take my word for it. Go look yourself. Follow actual evidence, read some journals and studies by actual scientists, not political pundits or lobbyists or conspiracy theorist blogs written in comic sans, then make your conclusions with correct information.

Here's a good place to start your educational journey: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Climate_change

Left brain and right thinking is a theory of cognition type that is most likely incorrect to the physical area termed in the condition. Most likely the condition has more to do with anatomical lobes and the way the brain was constructed and hormones at that time. If someone is too mechanical in their thinking they lack the nous to join all the variables needed to form fact or new theory. They become robots of propaganda.
        Yeah, I'm sorry, this whole mechanical thinking thing, left-brainery or whatever pop-psych term you want to name it, is making me ask for evidence when people make outrageous claims, such as that the climate change is a hoax. Wait... am I a Borg or a robot now? Make up your mind.

Anyway, we "robots of propaganda" tend to not accept things as true just because some blogger writes a shitty webpage in comic sans. We tend to look for the available evidence and evaluate the situation, then make our own conclusions. That's something we robots call "critical thinking", coupled with a healthy dose of "common sense". You might want to try them some time.

I've had some self evaluation and I've decide to not hit on projects like Wayland or PlasmaActive. It's bad conduct on my part as people have put a lot of work in for others to enjoy and I should step away if those projects don't suit.

The jostling started with combating those that were screaming theft and skulduggery over Canonical's announcement of Mir and the irony of their slow progress and inabilities. Stepping forward, I wish project good-stead, like Vivaldi Tablet and Wayland, but I'm putting my energy into Ubuntu-Touch and Mir being chosen for proprietary driver support.
        Mir is not progress, it's a waste of resources. It's entirely pointless, it brings nothing new to the table, everything it does could be done better with Wayland. Furthermore it's being made in a way that makes it useless for anyone other than Canonical, so it won't get adopted by anyone else. So it's a waste - if Canonical had put the resources they wasted in Mir into improving Wayland, it would benefit everyone. Instead, they're creating waste. That, and the fact that they're effectively causing fragmentation to the desktop Linux, at a time when Linux should stand strong, is what is wrong with Mir. Canonical is effectively holding back the entire Linux desktop with their stunt.

Comment

Working...
        X