No announcement yet.

KDE Should Be Fully Running On Wayland Next Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more excited about LXDE-Qt, I still use KDE 3.5 currently from the OpenSuSE build service. I'm going to have to face the fact that still using the 3.5 branch is basicly necromancy and X11 is at the end of it's tenure.

Comment

I suspected as such, but nice to have official confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        I ctrl A-ed the page and couldn't find the invisible text.
        Try soaking your monitor in citric acid and sticking it to the oven. That should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
          Try soaking your monitor in citric acid and sticking it to the oven. That should do the trick.
          You don't need to do that.

Originally posted by Sebastian K?gler
          We can compare them (Mir and Wayland) right now, and this is what we base our planning on. If the situation changes dramatically, be sure that we’ll react to these changes. As it looks like right now, users are simply better off with this roadmap as it aims at stability, not disrupting the user experience, while making technological progress.

Mir targets one desktop as a design decision from day one, not a decision that has been made after upstream projects have expressed their reservations. The barriers for Mir adoption are not purely technical, however. For upstreams, that means: it’s inferior in its development process, in its ability to be interfaces from third party projects, in its licensing and from a development status point of view. These points make the decision fairly straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            I suspected as such, but nice to have official confirmation.
            is this official?

Comment

And based on what I read on the mir thread, everyone needs to dump their poverty DE's and switch to KDE to stop linux fragmentation.

If you don't use KDE, you don't support the FOSS community

Comment

Originally posted by boast View Post
                And based on what I read on the mir thread, everyone needs to dump their poverty DE's and switch to KDE to stop linux fragmentation.

Gnome Wayland > KDE Wayland?

Comment

Only stupid people use strawman arguments.

Comment

Looks like we're going to have a fully working desktop using Wayland before the year 2046. I guess I owe my friend a beer!

Comment

Yeah, GNOME has been fairly open about their distaste for Wayland. Oh wait...

Comment

Working...
                      X