Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI audio not avaiable with AMD E-350

Hi all,

I've a problem with a computer based on a AMD Zacate E350 APU (Asrock E350M1).

I've install Kubuntu 13.04 and latest Catalyst 13.06 BETA drivers. I know installing an AMD Beta driver on Linux seems to be a suicide, when stable drivers have many problems, but the truth is that the combination Kubuntu 13.06 + AMD 13,06 beta works good even with Trinity APUs.

My problem is very simple, when I go to Phonom I can't select HDMI audio output, and I've only analog and SPDIF. It can't be a hardware problem since I've try Openelec and it has HDMI audio with no problems.

What have i try to do?:

1.- I've try to enable SPDIF audio in alsamixer (no idea of relation, but I've read this in a forum), but problem persist.
    2.- I've try:

gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub
    Change the following line:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
    to
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash radeon.audio=1"
    Sudo update gru
    3.- Installing pavucontrol and try to change to HDMI audio in Adio control, but it doesn't appear

It seems like HDMI audio is disabled by default, what is weird when I've try just same software combination on a Trinity APU and works ok; but Zacate doesn't.

Any idea or help??

Many thanks in advance

EDIT: The weirdest thing is that this problem is supposed to happend with opensource AMD drivers, not official AMD drivers, and I'm using official ones (13.06 beta). Why does it happends??

Comment

Working...
    X