Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haswell Perf Doesn't Change Much On Linux 3.11

Phoronix: Haswell Perf Doesn't Change Much On Linux 3.11

The Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 performance for OpenGL doesn't change much if trying out the experimental Linux 3.11 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's still only -rc1, so perhaps more performance enhancements will come down the road.

I don't have Intel graphics anymore, but it's nice to see them actually getting into the playing field.

Comment

I did my own testing with rc1 a couple days ago, and had similar results, so i went back to 3.10, for my Haswell system.

What I don't get is the overclocking situation. I am running all the latest stuff, set the bios to use the GPU at a 1350 speed (instead of the default 1200), and after booting up I enable it via /sys

Code:
      echo 1350 > /sys/class/drm/card0/gt_max_freq_mhz
      However, the graphics tests run actually much _slower_ , not faster. I am pretty much stumped ... I've been asking here, but I don't think anybody else is trying this. Kernel 3.11rc1 has the same issue. My motherboard BIOS is up to date.

Cheers!
      Last edited by mendieta; 20 July 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

There is clearly some funky stuff going on with overclocking. Because glgears does improve about 10% with a 10% overclocking, but much more advanced tests like glmark2 don't, with rc2 and current graphics stack from xorg-edgers. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
        X