Canonical Posts 15 Mesa Patches To Support Mir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sergey Shambir View Post
    Wayland is just RPC library, so I can even fly to space with wayland - if someone will imlement it. Weston is display server (just look at source code before saying that it isn't), it enforces CSD and if someone will create yet one wayland-based server, you will see even more critisism than with Mir: "oh, they give up CSD to make our Weston less popular because no one toolkit writer actually wants to implement CSD".
    Weston is compositor so what the F are you talking about? Yet another ubuntard.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
      Kid, get the F out and take all those ubuntards with ya. MIR is fragmentation it's not Fing music player, text editor, terminal emulator, window manager or whatever, it's fucking display server and Xorg's successor is Wayland. Now as i said, get the F out. That's called staying on topic. I hope MESA developers will reject crap from canonical.
      no comments...

Comment

• Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
        Weston is compositor so what the F are you talking about? Yet another ubuntard.
        In other words, you are not programmer and cannot look into sources? So how you going to discuss software if you cannot get any proof?

Comment

• Originally posted by Britoid View Post
          Whatever happened to Linux being about choice?
          It never was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
            When you have percentages spread in chunks like 32%, a bunch of discreet 10% blocks and a handful of 5%, 3%, etc etc chunks the 32% is going to be the largest single contiguous slice in the pie and is hence the 'majority', even if it's not >50%.
            You are performing rectal ventriloquism.

Majority: A subset of any set that consists of more than 50% of said set's elements. In simple terms: it means more than half, period. No ifs, ors or buts.

Plurality: A subset of any set that is larger than any other subset within the same set. A plurality does not necessarily have to be a majority.

What you're talking about is a plurality. Not a majority.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee. View Post
              You are performing rectal ventriloquism.

Majority: A subset of any set that consists of more than 50% of said set's elements. In simple terms: it means more than half, period. No ifs, ors or buts.

Plurality: A subset of any set that is larger than any other subset within the same set. A plurality does not necessarily have to be a majority.

What you're talking about is a plurality. Not a majority.
              yeah that big 30%

Comment

• Originally posted by BO$$
                Haha that post is genius. Let the shitaroo hit the fan!
                That guy sounds like a real pompous ass. So basically your typical Linux developer.

At this point we are pretty much dependent on Canonical (or maybe Google) giving us a decent Linux desktop because not a single one of the rest of them have a clue. Except maybe Mint... but those guys are heavily basing on Ubuntu so that explains their sanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  Google
                  Yes Google, so we can have a desktop Linux that invades your privacy.

No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
                    hmm you tell me? in fall back
                    I was going off the code available in trunk, which is 0.0.5.
                    And I couldn't care less about your ability to code, I'm not the sympathy society.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamW View Post
                      In regards to that article, it is prudent to listen to the wishes of the community. The disaster that was Gnome-shell lead to a large exodus of users of that DE to others, it was ultimately the Gnome team that suffered the most.

Comment

Working...
                      X