Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features Approved This Week For Fedora 20

Phoronix: Features Approved This Week For Fedora 20

There's been some Fedora 20 feature proposals to date, including a controversial change, while on Thursday a list of newly-proposed features was published...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Isn't it SDDM instead of SSDM ?

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      ARM, Application installer, sendmail purged from default? Desktop and tablets, brace yourself. Fedora for human beings are coming.
      Wayland too?

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
        Isn't it SDDM instead of SSDM ?
        It is. But either way this is awesome news.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
          Wayland too?
          right desition with arm, but we need a tablet-wm or sometting ^^ are there some qt-based that can be installed in a normal distro easily? I think on tablets and even smartphones.

but other than that it sounds not to interesting... hope thats only a incomplete list... like somebody said wayland have to be default, its fedora bleeding edge testing stuff blabla distro

Comment

Wayland too?
            Probably next year: https://wiki.gnome.org/Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
              right desition with arm, but we need a tablet-wm or sometting ^^ are there some qt-based that can be installed in a normal distro easily? I think on tablets and even smartphones.
              Plasma Active.

Comment

Wayland too?
                Fedora's Wayland plans are at

Comment

All I care about is that you can install using RAID + LVM + LUKS. I knew this was missing from 18 and I forgave them for that but I was truly flabbergasted that they didn't have it sorted for 19. I even tried dropping LVM but I still couldn't get it to work. The interface isn't as horribly buggy as it was in 18 but it still seems to have some quirks. In the end, I had to do a minimal install of 17 and then upgrade, which is ridiculous. I don't consider Kickstart to be an acceptable solution but I did try it anyway and couldn't get that to work either. It seemed to get stuck on the "starting installation" bit or something. I've used Debian's preseeding stuff before without issue. I like that system because if you miss anything out, it just prompts you for it as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                    All I care about is that you can install using RAID + LVM + LUKS. I knew this was missing from 18 and I forgave them for that but I was truly flabbergasted that they didn't have it sorted for 19. I even tried dropping LVM but I still couldn't get it to work. The interface isn't as horribly buggy as it was in 18 but it still seems to have some quirks. In the end, I had to do a minimal install of 17 and then upgrade, which is ridiculous. I don't consider Kickstart to be an acceptable solution but I did try it anyway and couldn't get that to work either. It seemed to get stuck on the "starting installation" bit or something. I've used Debian's preseeding stuff before without issue. I like that system because if you miss anything out, it just prompts you for it as usual.
                    Kickstart works exactly the same way. If you miss anything, Anaconda will prompt for it. If it doesn't, that is a bug. All the other issues should be reported in bugzilla as well for the relevant developers to see it

Comment

Working...
                    X