Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linus Torvalds Calls For More Linux Kernel Patches

Phoronix: Linus Torvalds Calls For More Linux Kernel Patches

Linus Torvalds is usually complaining about too many pull requests during the Linux kernel development cycle when past its merge window, but this time around he's complaining about too few patches this week. He's also proclaimed himself the Goldilocks of kernel development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i love this guy

Comment

Ballmer gives you sweet words and honey-tongued marketing speak (when he's not throwing chairs) and then offers you a piece of shit OS full of NSA backdoors.

Linus gives you his unfiltered, uncensored thoughts, no sweet-talk or beating around the bush, and sometimes he's abusive as hell, but he provides a top-notch product with no backdoors.

No contest, Linus wins. The world needs more honest assholes who get things done.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        Ballmer gives you sweet words and honey-tongued marketing speak
        Don't forget him running and jumping around like a little kid that's had too much sugar professing his undying love for Microsoft all the while profusely sweating.

Linus gives you his unfiltered, uncensored thoughts, no sweet-talk or beating around the bush, and sometimes he's abusive as hell, but he provides a top-notch product with no backdoors.

No contest, Linus wins. The world needs more honest assholes who get things done.
        +1

Linus is the boss and sometimes the boss needs to be the assertive asshole in order to get things done. Sarah Sharp needs to stop being goodie two shoes and concentrate on her job and not on the Linux boss for chewing out a dev that did sloppy work.

Her little statement has stalled kernel developement at the moment, since everyone is now too busy concentrating on Mr. Torvalds behavior.

Comment

Ballmer gives you sweet words and honey-tongued marketing speak (when he's not throwing chairs) and then offers you a piece of shit OS full of NSA backdoors.

Full of NSA backdoors, maybe... but piece of shit, I don't think so, at least Windows 7 is a decent OS, just run it offline if you are worried about the NSA/CIA/FBI/Insert_your_agency_here

Comment

Sorry Sarah, you aren't getting special treatment because of your gender. Maybe concentrate on doing a better job instead of sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Comment

I don't think I know anyone who did more _done_ for OSS in the whole world. How nice it is that people complain about his abusive emails (probably like 1 in a thousand by the way). Go go Linus, you're the boss.

Comment

Gender policies

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                Sorry Sarah, you aren't getting special treatment because of your gender. Maybe concentrate on doing a better job instead of sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.
                Thank god I'm not the only guy annoyed by her statements.
                I don't think she is actively pursuing gender policies, but she sure as hell is on the wave of media-coverage for being a female Kernel developer.
                Maybe she got too full of herself and thinks she is a moral authority, forcing her moral views on her colleagues (the media is with her).

At least you can state she is a living example why most women have a hard time finding their way into today's boardrooms.
                Laws won't change that.

Comment

Let's not start attacking Sarah because of her gender, please

I don't think that really had anything to do with it.

I disagree with her point, and don't think this is going anywhere, but it's certainly something i've heard from many men as well who linus pisses off and in particular i bet there could be legal issues at play.

But attacking someone based on their gender or religion, etc. seems wrong to me.

Comment

Linus is simply following the proud Finnish tradition of Management by Perkele.

Comment

Working...
                    X