Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nouveau Fermi Performance On Ubuntu 13.10

Default Nouveau Fermi Performance On Ubuntu 13.10

Phoronix: Nouveau Fermi Performance On Ubuntu 13.10

As the latest for our early Ubuntu 13.10 Linux performance benchmarks, here's a brief comparison of the Nouveau Gallium3D vs. NVIDIA binary graphics driver performance from a NVIDIA GeForce "Fermi" graphics processor...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQwOTc

and can any one tell me why Ubuntu users are getting Forced to use this junk? i'm getting ready to start Testing Mir as well

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    and can any one tell me why Ubuntu users are getting Forced to use this junk? i'm getting ready to start Testing Mir as well
    You can use propriatery Nvidia if you want, its not installed by default. I wonder if Nouveau is in the same position as Radeon with performance being (almost) linear. If so... triple all of Nouveau's scores to see what it would be at if we had reclocking

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    You can use propriatery Nvidia if you want, its not installed by default. I wonder if Nouveau is in the same position as Radeon with performance being (almost) linear. If so... triple all of Nouveau's scores to see what it would be at if we had reclocking
    so Nvidia support's Mir?

so Nvidia support's Mir?
    And there we have the wildcard. We'll have to see if Nvidia and AMD will push out Mir-compatible drivers in time for 13.10

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    And there we have the wildcard. We'll have to see if Nvidia and AMD will push out Mir-compatible drivers in time for 13.10
    you need to stop telling joke's about AMD you may get some one's hope's up

so Nvidia support's Mir?
    No, if I remember correctly, users of proprietary drivers will use plain old and fast X11.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by oleid View Post
    No, if I remember correctly, users of proprietary drivers will use plain old and fast X11.
    i can now tell you now Mir will Not work on Nouveau or proprietary drivers or AMD opensource Driver's i'm posting this From Ubuntu 13.10 and i can tell you Mir Sucks looks like it only works on Intel Driver's

Do we really have to turn every freaking thread into some ubuntu/mir bashing flame war fuelled by the usual trolls and fanbois?

Quote Originally Posted by not.sure View Post
    Do we really have to turn every freaking thread into some ubuntu/mir bashing flame war fuelled by the usual trolls and fanbois?
    i tryed for hour's and hour's trying to get this Vaporware "Mir" to Work on Ubuntu 13.10 and, found out it is it is missing code, missing lib's, just missing, i really did want to Demo it, and Ubuntu users are getting Forced to use it on Nouveau Driver's, the funny part is i can Demo Wayland Just Fine and, i can even use it on AMD or Nvidia Card's, i just dont like the patch's for Xwayland i see why they was rejected but Mir is Using them...