Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 9.2 Can Boost Intel Haswell Graphics 30~40% On Linux

Phoronix: Mesa 9.2 Can Boost Intel Haswell Graphics 30~40% On Linux

Yesterday I shared open-source Linux graphics benchmarks showing the Intel Ivy Bridge performance improving on Mesa 9.2 over the earlier releases of this important open-source Linux graphics driver component. However, for the latest-generation Intel "Haswell" graphics, Mesa 9.2 is an even more important upgrade. Here's a look at the performance benefits in moving from Mesa 9.1 to the soon-to-be-released Mesa 9.2.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael,

Please include Windows 7 results as well. I remember Linux Intel graphics drivers were substantially slower than their Windows 7/8 counterpart.
    Last edited by birdie; 17 July 2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Michael,

Please include Windows 7 results as well. I remember Linux Intel graphics drivers were substantially slower than their Windows 7/8 counterpart.
      I'm not sure if I'd say substantially. They were notably lower, but overall pretty close (also depending on the resolution).

Comment

Michael,

+1 .

Comment

Michael,

RTA: "(The long-awaited Intel Haswell Linux vs. Windows results are also forthcoming, but the latest delay is due to having to order a new Microsoft Windows disc after losing the previous one, but that should be here in the next day or two.)"
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I, along with many more gamers, would surely be much more interested in hearing some Team Fortress 2 frame-rates instead of OpenArena or Xonotic...

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
              I, along with many more gamers, would surely be much more interested in hearing some Team Fortress 2 frame-rates instead of OpenArena or Xonotic...
              As Micheal has said before. There are issues with trying to do automated benchmarking of steam games. I've heard (forgot which forum post) that he's been in contact with valve on the issue and that it might be resolved in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                Xonotic is a demanding game.

Comment

Mildly unhappy intel user here. I have a gen4 laptop that is only asking for vaapi support to be "good enough". Anyone from intel reading this? If not, where to make my request? OTOH great work on the graphic drivers, although it would seem the decision to not go gallium might come back and bite them.

Serafean

Comment

Working...
                  X