Canonical Continues Working On XMir Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
    are you really this stupid? the unity 7/8 mir road map is pretty clear.
    Step 1 unity 7 running on xmir for 13.10 ( of course their are still some things that need to be fixed)
    Step 2 unity 8 lands sometime between 13.10 and 14.04 with native mir support so if users/developers wish it can be tested before hitting 14.04 .
    Actually you are right, the Unity/Mir roadmap is pretty clear. Maybe you should read it. Unity 8 will land in 14.10.

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
      Who gives a fuck
      The thread is about Xmir performance not about how much better and production ready you believe wayland is.
      It would be nice if the trolling Canonical crew would stop derailing every single Ubuntu related thread.Surely you have made your point you prefer wayland. It would be even nicer if the generalisations made that every ubuntu user, community and Canonical developers, are complete morons..... stopped!!

It's a shame your writing style doesn't reflect the 133t genius Gentoo tard you proclaim to be.

are you really this stupid? the unity 7/8 mir road map is pretty clear.
      Step 1 unity 7 running on xmir for 13.10 ( of course their are still some things that need to be fixed)
      Step 2 unity 8 lands sometime between 13.10 and 14.04 with native mir support so if users/developers wish it can be tested before hitting 14.04 .

I nominate you as one the lamest canonical trolls Phoronix has ever seen.
      unity 8 was Said to be in Ubuntu 14.10 some one was saying that they was going to try for 14.04

do you remember what happened when Canonical Released unity on to Ubuntu, that was a real shame so many users Dropped Linux for Mac, or Windows, the only good part was the Linux Mint's User based jumped as well

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
        do you remember what happened when Canonical Released unity on to Ubuntu, that was a real shame so many users Dropped Linux for Mac, or Windows, the only good part was the Linux Mint's User based jumped as well
        I doubt very much a lot went back to Windows. Linux Mint on the other hand, massive explosion of refugees came pouring in. I lurk around on LM forum as well and when Unity hit Ubuntu, pretty much the first few pages of LM forum introduction section was filled with Ubuntu refugees.

That was then, this is now. Unity has matured and isn't the sloppy slow pile of goo that it once was, it's actually quite fast now (checked out Ubuntu 13.10 Alpha 1 with Unity for a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
          Actually you are right, the Unity/Mir roadmap is pretty clear. Maybe you should read it. Unity 8 will land in 14.10.
          Indeed: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ne/037401.html

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
            I'm pretty sure that the idea from Canonical is that when they have Unity 8 ready and fully working with Mir, they could still support other desktop environments that are still running under X and don't offer native support for Mir.

So the better they get XMir working the better they can support other DE when Unity 8 is ready
            I think this will actually hurt other desktop environments. People who don't know better will think KDE sucks compared to Unity because it is slow and can't resize windows properly. And they will wonder why it can't even run a lot of applications.(native Mir applications)

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
              Yes,as pointed out by Linuxgamer, the roadmap has changed. For the better it seems as a total switch on an LTS would be a total nightmare.

Ubuntu 13.10:
              XMir on Mir by default, with a fallback session to X where there is no Mir
              driver support, supported for 9 months

So i guess this will be something like their Unity 2D/Unity transition being able to log into either

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:
              XMir as default with the fallback session removed, full Mir driver support,
              traditional LTS support for 5 years

So if things go badly in 13.10 its fair to say the fall back will remain in 14.04 LTS

Ubuntu 14.10 and beyond:
              Mir stack as default, including rootless X support for legacy X
              applications, supported for 9 months

XMir: X & Unity7 running on top of the system compositor Mir
              Mir stack: Mir as system compositor with Unity 8 as session shell on top

Again a log into either approach xmir/unity 7 or mir/unity 8 ?

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
              unity 8 was Said to be in Ubuntu 14.10 some one was saying that they was going to try for 14.04

You mean a whole lot of gnome2 fans jumping up and down screaming it's the end of the world because it was not what they wanted. ?

Or a whole lot of gnome shell fans jumping up and down bitching about which shell came first or how canonical never contributes but should be using the gnome shell. ?

Unity in 11.04 was an ugly useless infant. Some used and tested whilst others ran away crying, stuck with the 10.04 LTS, or simply changed DE.

Things change

You can't criticise canonical about a predicted disastrous Mir implementation.Which i think was your point. Wait till after the event. Im sure all the trolling gang bangers will huddle together slapping each others arse shouting "we told you canonical are shithouse "
              Last edited by DDF420; 17 July 2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielYYZ
                It would serve you well to stop being a little princess and man up when you read something that clashes with your preferences/beliefs. It's inevitable that a thread about Xmir will include comments about Wayland and XWayland, since they're competitors, as Mr. Shuttleworth said.
                Listen up fuckwit

It is not about differing preferences/beliefs its about constant thread derailment. The last thread derailed into a boring 13 page rant about GenPOOOOs superiority and how stupid anyone involved with ubuntu is.

It is not about differing opinions, when every single Mir related thread, gets turned into a wayland fan boy canonical troll fest.

As for the Ubuntu users being utter morons, take it up with BO$$.
                No i took it up with the person saying it.

Bo$$ is a troll on everything ts surprising how easily folk take his bait. No wait..........they take it because they want to troll canonical and he gives them reason. So who are the better people here? None ...........you're all acting like dickheads
                PS: Maybe english isn't his first language, considered that?
                No shit sherlock
                Last edited by DDF420; 17 July 2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielYYZ
                  You can very well take your fuckwit and stick it wherever you might feel it comfortable.

That was the post he quoted, it's completely fair to point out other desktop enviroments might be running natively in wayland by the time mir sees a proper release.
                  My outburst comes from weeks of tolerating the verbal diarrhea regurgitated day after day, thread after thread,not any particular he said she said.

Like i said before, considering they're competitors, you can't avoid the competition.
                  No you cant,nor do i have issue with wayland or Mir. You are just using excuses to justify such blatant derailment.

Sorry you lack the ability to see this as such

You might think that's offtopic, that's fine, i don't think it is, but the bold/oversized letters and the crying about "Canonical trolls" are uncalled for.
                  Probably as uncalled for as the constant, deliberate, derailment folk engage in here. Something jrch2k8 played a large part in the other day, with a mostly incomprehensible 13 page genpoo rant,in response to Bo$$ baiting.
                  Also, if you know or deduced english isn't his main language, then why the fuck make that an issue?
                  Because its more than bad translation

Does it really hurt your feelings that much that wayland (mir's competition) gets mentioned in a thread about mir/xmir? .
                  No it just sounds like a pitiful excuse to justify the constant canonical trolling.
                  Last edited by DDF420; 17 July 2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

According to you, that could be considered wayland trolling, but you can check that thread and notice the lack of bold/oversized letters and hurt feelings.
                    Apparently the only one hurt here from my use of big bold letters and being called a fuckstick is you.

Not to mention, that same user has posted about mir in wayland threads, you'd consider that topic derailment, yet no one made a big fuss about it.
                    There you go again picking and choosing what you want to suit your argument.We could play that game all day,you obviously want your hand held and shown specifics, which is simply not necessary since those i speak of clearly know what the fuck they are doing and what im talking about.
                    I'll leave it here, you're entitled to your outburst, i just don't see the point in it and we're way offtopic, something that's apparently sacrilege.
                    Yes this is certainly derailment.
                    Digressing or having differing opinions is far from sacrilege. Behaving like 15 year old trolls with the old tired regurgitated flaming bullshit doing so certainly is!

Comment

Mir is the worst thing to happen to Linux, ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X